petrol engines

Mounty

Just back from a fly & I can vouch for the clip keeping the petrol leaks/smells away....thumbs up I've utilised it on the feed line to the carb. Top tip for you all though.....it's very hard to start the engine with it closed....embarrassed

I used 25:1 mix in the Evo10 this time & it's not melted or seized in 40 mins of mainly flat out flying.....theres a lot less black oil over the airframe too.....inspired by Bob C's rpm figures I took my tacho with me & it's turning a JXF12x6 at 10,200 rpm when fitted with te ASP "Super Quiet" muffler which I think is pretty good.....teeth 2

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 10/10/2014 18:04:16

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Posted by Percy Verance on 09/10/2014 14:02:39:

The smell on the drive home was basically the reason I sold my petrol engines. Oh, and there was the noise issue too.

I tried Aspen synthetic petrol, which did eradicate the smell, but at twice the cost of unleaded it negates the point of using a petrol engine in the first place. Plus it made not a jot of difference to the noise level........

There is no way I could ever have got away with a petrol engine on our current site(s), as one has a small caravan park within 300 metres of our strip, and the other is four strokes and electric only.........

Edited By Percy Verance on 09/10/2014 14:05:27

i have a LE 30 cc petrol in my capiche 140 it is quieter than almost any 4 stroke in my club, a ban on any type of power plant is stupid, set a noise limit not a ban, anyone ever heard a funjet ultra??

If anyone is interested, the new OS 22GT petrol engine has good reviews, particularly the silence. OS have clearly spent time getting the engine package right; why would they risk their reputation otherwise.

i have just received mine and I can tell you it's the best quality petrol engine package I've seen for a long time. No need for an aftermarket silencer and no silly non walboro carb, so I can still use for 30:1 ratio mix.

I bought mine from pro build for £219 delivered, which is a good £100 cheaper than most other suppliers. It was also delivered next day, with great customer service.

Posted by Reno Racer on 29/10/2014 14:33:31:

I bought mine from pro build for £219 delivered, which is a good £100 cheaper than most other suppliers. It was also delivered next day, with great customer service.

Who are pro build? Do you have a link/URL for them please?

Thanks

<sdit> just found it.. probuild

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 29/10/2014 15:45:40

• 5 months later...