BMFA Classifieds !

Engine Doctor

Advert

The problems at their end apparently, someones posted the following on another forum where I moderate which may help to explain :-

I can only give you what I know, I too am not in possession of all the facts. What I can say is the ads admin are volunteers, they are unpaid and giving an awfull lot of their time to administer a system which through no fault of their own is not really fit for purpose, the software is old, the email server they are using has problems but they are relatively minor issues, hopefully those issues will be sorted in an upgrade that is due soon. The biggest problem the ads admin are dealing with is the sheer number of malicious registrations from both abroad and in this country, with people doing multiple registrations, registering with invalid details, etc etc. The ads admin are simply applying the Terms and conditions as they have been given from above, whether the terms and conditions are fit for purpose is not really their issue, however they have to work to them. The T&C's are there to try to cut down the number of scammers that have used the site in the past and are still trying to use it by registering multiple accounts or getting others to list their items for them. In many respects this is a no win situation for the BMFA and the ads admin, have fairly restrictive T&C's and people moan, have afree for all and more people get scammed and guess what, people moan the BMFA is not protecting them enough.

Admittedly there has been a lack of communication however I would prefer they carry on trying to keep the scammers at bay. 

Hope that helps

Edited By Ultymate on 29/03/2009 12:08:44