Replacing Glow Plugs

Alan B

Most modellers may know this- but for those who dont.  

Sometimes reaching and unscrewing the glow plug can be akward and fiddley depending on the position of the engine. (especially on helicopters). use a small socket and rachet  if you cant get your normal plug spanner on there.

Loosen off the plug and then push on a short piece of small bore fuel tubing onto the plug (make sure of a reasonable tight fit).. Turn the tubing and unsrew and remove the plug. Vice -versa -  screw up using the tubing and then tighten off using your spanner/socket.

Also saves dropping the plug!

Al

Edited By Alan B on 21/05/2009 09:21:15

Advert

Yep - nice one phil!  Done that one aswell ! (Great minds and all!) I tend to use the tubing when the space is a bit tight. Especially on my Raptor Heli as it now has a body kit on it. Me thinks a trained snake with a spanner would be another option!

Food for thought there Ultimate.  They put rubber inserts inside Spark Plug sockets for Real Cars. Perhaps somebody may do the same for the model ones. Perhaps one may already exist.  Never come across one yet though.