What size Prop Spinner

Andrew Ferriby

Advert

No then.... Its for the Stinson Reliant (jamara) - not received it yet... and Also for my Gilmore Racer (not received yet too)

Stinson will be getting a .91 engine and 15x6 wooden prop and the Gilmore will be having a .46 wit a 11x6 wooded prop

I use a electric starter so need a prop spinner fitted to them both!

Thanks again mate

Andy

As Dusty has pointed out, the spinner size is related to the model and not the prop.  You often need to enlarge the manufacturer's cutouts - especially if using APC or similar design props.

One thing many people don't appreciate is the need to remove enough material to ensure clearance from the prop to prevent potential damage from weakening it and to avoid distorting the (plastic) spinner.

I use a Dremel for both ali and plastic spinners to make smooth cuts to avoid creating weak spots which can result from trimming (plastic ones) with a knife as I've seen some people do

Edited By Martin Harris on 07/06/2009 18:45:45

Hiya David,

Thanks for the reply.

The engine I have in mind is a J'EN .57 2 Stroke (they say it thinks its a .60 size)!!!

And for the Stinson Reliant, Im thinking of the ASP 1.20 FS or the J'EN 1.60 (26cc) Petrol engine.

Whats your thoughts on them?

Just a note, Just Engines is ....... Just up the road from me.... What a nice bunch they are.... Highly reccomended...... I'll do a review for you David.... If you want?

Thanks again,

Andy Ferriby

Those should be fine Andy. Either motor for the Stinson although the ASP will be plenty enough. 

Yup they're good folks at JE, Thanks for the offer but Andy Ellison wrote an article following his visit to Just Engines for the mag' a couple of years back now. Feel free to pop a thread on the forum here though.... 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 09/06/2009 08:22:49