Decent parkfly required

Hello, all!

I'm frustrated. Although I have been training at my local club various Real Life issues have been getting in the way of me going as much as I want: and certainly not every weekend. As a result my intention of getting my A by the end of the summer is going up in smoke and I can feel my circuits and figure 8 skills atrophying as I type this.

I am fortunate to live in a small village surrounded by fields and greenbelt. so have been thinking about getting a parkfly to grab when the opportunity arises and hoof it down the road to one of the many isolated, tree, people, vehical and livestock free patches of green floodplain for a quick practice.

Any ideas? I am training properly on a Tutor 40 with an Irving 53 so am used to a bit of zoom and mass, but mostly want something a bit ding resistant.

Advert

I have a Multiplex twinstar II fitted with budget brushless motors which fly's just as you would want it to, i.e. brilliantly.  It's easy to fly and very docile on the landing approach.           I recently had a midair with an IC plane which knocked the right wing into several pieces.  This happened at about four stories high (not good at estimating heights) and the rest of the plane dropped like a stone onto hard baked earth.  I changed the right wing and the carbon fibre rod and it flies just like before.  I don't think you can get a plane much tougher than that.  Also you just need a couple of LiPo's and a trannie to get in the air, unlike the glow option.  I really like engines so I'll always have glow engined planes, but I do like the clean simplicity of electric flight and the Twinstar II is the best electric plane I've flown.  It's also the toughest plane I've flown or seen.
Happy horizons,
John.

Hi John

Whilst it's a great plan, I'm not sure many of us would call the Twinstar a park flier ........... certainly not this side of the pond.

LHF, whilst I've had lots of park fliers, none of them have really been ding resistant.  I've had great fun with the GWS foamy warbirds but they get scruffy pretty quickly as they're made of polystyrene.  I'd also recommend the Mini Ultra Stick - that's balsa and film but relatively rugged; ceratinly if you can take off and land, you'd be fine with it.

Multiplex Parkmaster and Gemini are pretty ding resistant and great fliers by all accounts ..............

GG

I'm still very much in the realms of high-wing stable trainer, so am not sure if a low-wing WW2 type would be the best way to go, as much as I like the Corsair.

The twinstar / easystar (maybe also the parkmaster) type may be the way to go. When I say parkfly what I mean is something reasonably docile that I can practice with in the middle of a huge deserted field down the road. So it's a bit of a misnomer!