Axis Spectacals

ericrw

I wiould appreciate any feedback from members (elderly) who have used Axis Optical Ranger Spectacles.    Having read the Axis advert I'm wondering if a pair of their Ranger type Specs, really does enhance the distance and orientation of the model flying ?    Eric.

Advert

So far Eric, you are my only response!  My problem is I feel, when my Instructor can see my 'plane drifting either way, in the distance, seconds before I realise it's happening.   I only need glasses for reading and I only had my eye sight checked recently.    Do you find that your Reactolite specs help in this situation ?

Eric
I am not sure its really your eyesight that's at fault it, remember it take time for your brain to learn to convert what your eyes see into actions with you hands.

Keep going, you will get better at it and before long you will be able to spot other learners having the same sort of problems!  

Now that I don't have to claim to be a wrinkly, I can tell you that I and another club member use Axis Rangers and they are excellent in most conditions except overcast/haze when I swap to bright yellow "safety glasses".  I'm told that yellow/orange lenses filter light from the blue end of the spectrum which enhances visual accuity.  Certainly, things do look closer and usually brighter (while reducing glare) through them.

I'm sure Simon has a point, though.  With experience things going a little pear-shaped are very much more obvious and will naturally be spotted sooner by your instructor.

Eric L.

I have a pair made to my distance prescription, but now wish I had them made as bi-focal . Found them excellent for colour enhancement in a bright sky.

Martin,     I will certainly try your advice of  bright yellow safety glasses for overcast conditions. I have some old 'clip ons',  I will adapt a pair  for use with my normal glasses. 

T.W.