Copying links to Utube and such

Big Bandit

Advert

BB
I'm like you 'When I read manuals to do with "logical" lektrik things my brain cell just doesn't respond anymore ! Everytime I swich this thing on in front of me it has something different happening & 'er indoors who's in control has to sort it .The more I try-the worse I get Simply can do nothing about it --only wished I could . Now then where is that piece of balsa ?
PS  I put salad cream on just about anything edible -Not just salads --Mmmmmm

Moderators
Have just copied out your tutorial Timbo by hand -It helps sometimes I find - I did read it in February - & just re read polyfillers posting as well . Seem like different things to me, so I'll follow the tutorial explicitly .  I have a video of my own in the lap top I.d like to put on the forum . I'm damned if it's going to beat me !  It'll probably take all day but it's something I've always wanted to be able to do .
I  know I'm going to get it wrong so bear with me please . Right  first off a large cup of tea & a fag or two & off we go !   Weather forecast is bad anyway although it's been great since 5 o'clock this morning  in Gods ( Kens ) own country ! & of course there's F1 .

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 26/07/2009 06:05:38:
Moderators
Have just copied out your tutorial Timbo by hand -It helps sometimes I find - I did read it in February - & just re read polyfillers posting as well . Seem like different things to me, so I'll follow the tutorial explicitly .  I have a video of my own in the lap top I.d like to put on the forum . I'm damned if it's going to beat me !  It'll probably take all day but it's something I've always wanted to be able to do .
I  know I'm going to get it wrong so bear with me please . Right  first off a large cup of tea & a fag or two & off we go !   Weather forecast is bad anyway although it's been great since 5 o'clock this morning  in Gods ( Kens ) own country ! & of course there's F1 .

I always make sure that any tutorials I write up for here are tried and tested for correct operation - and as someone with a lot of business expereince in the training environment, I also try to ensure that a complete beginner should be able to follow it. In most, if not all cases, the problem is operator error somewhere along the line. I usually ask the wife to read them and try them out, and if she can follow them, then your average aeromodeller should be able to also
The odd exception has been as result of the site migration from the old platform to this new one....where the odd hypherlink or whatever has got busted
Will just check the video tutorial again now, but last time I checked it, it was still good to go.

Ok just checked everything and all is "GO" for mission video insertion. I did notice that the tutorial ( which is very simple and quick to read incidentally ) has only been viewed around a hundred times - considering there are 12000+ members of the forum, thats a pretty poor hit rate.
The thread is a sticky, it is in the "using the forum" section,and every new member gets the standard "welcome aboard" greeting, which, amongst other things, asks the new member to read various threads to familiarise themselves with the MO - included in this list is the tutorials on how to post images and videos, language rules, and so on.
Apart from blocking new members from posting until that prove they have bothered to read them, I cant see a lot more that we could do. I know I do spend a lot of my time repeating things like this to members, and this has a direct impact on the time left for other matters.

Timbo take heart.  One of my work colleagues of 3 years just admitted to me the other night that;

A) Re-Starting/ re-booting mean't pushing the on'off button.  Had never re-booted from the start menu.  No wonder the PC kept trying to start in safe mode all the time.

B) Didn't realise you could open multiple 'windows'

C) Wasn't aware one can open more than one tab in a browser !

D) Or, that you can save multiple tabs.

Actually, there's loads he didn't know.  Guess which department he works in Timbo.  Yep - thats the one.  I can't even say it, as I get so flipping ANGRY - Oh here goes then I'll try saying it.  FECKING I.T.

Same guy asked me how to free up space on his home pc.  Says me, delete some app/progs or docs, pics, files, or 'disc clean' etc.  Comes back, still no space.  Had dragged it to the bin.  Didn't EMPTY the bin.  I nearly told him to, "go get a new Hard Drive, because once they are full they have to be disposed of 'properly' ".  I reckon he would have!

BB

(Salad cream and tomato sauce Myron)

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 26/07/2009 17:01:04

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 26/07/2009 17:02:57

• 3 years later...