Blade MSR

Frank Skilbeck

Advert

Looks very cool! I'm tempted but don't think I can justify it when I've already got an mCX.

Interestingly they are including some spares in the box, which is great:

"spare tail rotor, flybar, body grommets, screwdriver and a handy precision swashplate calibration tool."

Also rather interesting is that it appears that you can put the swash plate links on either of two sets of horns, of varying length, which should make a big difference to cyclic pitch throw at the blades.

Edited By David E on 15/08/2009 20:13:04

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone else noticed that tjd models (advertised on this site) are supposedly flogging the BNF version for £50!!
As it's silly O'Clock in the am and no-ones open I can't ring and for some reason I can't get any response when I click on any of the site.....
Won't stop me trying though.     

This appears to a be a pre-delivery deposit Tony. Unfortunatley I cannot readily see the total final price to pay, but would bet any money that it will be more than £50
I must say the ad is misleading and this surprises me for them, as I have always been pleased with the servie whenever I have used them.

• 1 month later...
I got mine at the Southern Model Airshow a few weeks back, paid £110 for the TX version (being a fubbie man) !

Taken a few knocks and blades fly off which is a good thing stopping further damage and is very easy to put them back and it flies right straight away. Once mastered it can be very precise and it can move too if you let it !

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Eric Bray on 09/08/2009 18:20:01:
Tim - re my emails - should have looked on the forum first! Ooops! Never mind!
Will the mSR be the first micro heli that can be flown outside in a light breeze, and not blow away?

No; at under 1oz it will not be able to handle much wind methinks.  As for the first that could - that would be the Hirobo Quark; good for up to 5mph wind.

• 2 weeks later...
What a cracker, struggled with Picollo and sorry found the picco to be getting slow and borring. This little belter is smashing aroung the house and even outside on calmer days. Had loads of fun with my MSR inside and out, just wish the battery would last longer. Hovers like a charm, and flying in any direction is a real treat, can be a bit quick and found that appling the rates on the supplied TX was a bit iffy, found it easier without them, waiting for TX Battery to wain off then binding to my DX7, to se what a differance that make. If you want something small and easy to fly heli wise then this is spot on, just brilliant.  Well done E-Flite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Took my Blade 400 to the club to get some training gear and found the boys scratching their heads over another 400. Seems that the one they had, had been brought in by a customer (there's a shop at the club) who was struggling to fly it. Now there are some fantastic heli pilots at the club and their view of the Blade 400 was not good. In fact, they'd had so many problems that they no longer sell them.
Anyway, back to the point....They were flying an MSR around the shop and i bought one.
It's fantastic! Really stable - unbelievably so. I can get it to hover and land it on the palm of my hand whilst flying it - trimmed up it'll happily sit in the air with almost no input at all. Robust - well I've put mine into everything from walls and doors to light fittings and not a scratch until today when one of the skid supports broke. A drop of epoxy and it's all better again.
Batteries 5 for £15 on eBay with free delivery and a 4 port charger so you can keep flying.
Just the antidote for the drizzly winter weekend