PicooZ

Dave Chatterton

Dead-stick said.. Haven't quite got the hang of this picture posting stuff yet, but here is a link to my latest gadget. It's much nicer to fly than the Picoo z and looks better too!

Try clicking the `image` button and then insert your photo hosted at photobucket.
On the photobucket site click on the URL button and it will be copied for you, then paste into space between IMG and /IMG (with square brackets)
Hope this helps :o)

Tom
I find I run out of trim and have to hold a bit of 'right' stick to keep it 'straight' - it also seems a bit frantic after a full charge and if you throttle back spins the other way. After using some of the charge up it seems to be a lot more docile.
Dead Stick - I have to say I like the look of that - how does it fly compared to the original.
Mike

Mike, I find it easier to control than the Picoo and after a fresh charge it will fly on approx 1/3rd throttle. In contrast my Picoo needs 1/2 throttle. Also, with the 'Fairy' it is possible (with a little practise) to spot land on fairly small objects such as a piece of 10"x10" depron sheet, or if I am really lucky a CD case! The tail rotor motor does get very warm after prolong use and I wonder how long the service life of that component is. Also, the top rotor (fly-bar?) has a pronounced curve on it compared to the Picoo and has two weights per side instead of one, and I wonder if it is this that enables the 'Fairy' to be more controlable. Maybe I need to swap fly-bars and see what happens, unless anyone else has already tried this? Anyway, I have ended up buying three more of these great little heli's for relatives who have been so impressed seeing mine fly.

If you have a Netto supermarket in your area, go and checkout the Marchand Sky Challenger Helicopter they have. My friend got one a couple of weeks back for just £19.99. About a foot long, TX, Battry etc
Nice looking, similar to the huney bee cp2.
Flies outdoors. Not seen it out of the box but friend says it's a fantastic flyer for what he paid.
http://www.debbies-delights.net/images/marchand.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi,
My friend got one with the same problem, if it is the one where you charge from the Transmitter, make sure you have good strong NEW batteries in the tranny before you try to charge chopper or it will not work.
Also heard that some have faults with the charging system...... send it back if that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, I have reading with interest your reviews on these litle choppers.  I live in West Australia, in a small country wheatbelt town, about 100 miles east of Perth  I have a similar toy called a Rider which performs well indoors,and outdoors in the shade in the afternoon (whenthere is no wind)  I bought another chopper from Crazy Clarks department store in Perth, but this one will not even lift off - it seems the motor has no revs - as this was half theprice of the other one - $25 Aust. I guess you get what you pay for.  

I enjoy reading your reports from across the other side of the world

Bye from sunny West Australia!

he he ! I have found that if you balance your picco with all three metal weights plus a sub lentil of blue tack it will fly forward quite well. BUT he he, if you hold it in your hand, spool it up, the tilt the rotor disk well forward and release the model while getting a whole bunch of right in quick (hele trimmed first!) it will zip of into a crazy fast RH circuit. Man it really rips till you ease of the stick or the power, try it it is like DS ing a coptor!

• 1 month later...

We have 3 PicooZ's given on Xmas day, One for Ben, one for his Dad and one for me, ( Grandpa) Ben's and his Dad's were flying fine and after a days play we had them trimmed and flying almost where we wanted them.I opened mine this morning and set it up as per instructions and it gave a fair flight without being trimmed too much. Now as soon as I push the throttle it spins anticlockwise and will not even attempt to rise off the ground, before flopping over and stopping. Now having had great success with the other two, can somebody please suggest likely faults and remedies to help me, or is this a serious contender for being sent back to the supplier.

Thanks, and a merry Xmas to you all.

Alan

• 2 years later...
Hi all...apologies for resurecting a very old thread but I thought this might be the best/quickest way of reaching all you PicooZ pilots....

My little boy has been flying his PicooZ in the garden this morning (yes it has been that still today!!) & has managed to crash the thing into a plant pot.....during the crash the flybar broke & we have lost one of the weights.....no problem replacing the flybar...I have some 1mm carbon but the weight is another matter.....I wondered if anyone might have a dead PicooZ that I could pinch the flybar weights off? Without some very accurate scales I doubt I could match it...

Hopefully someone can help......thanks in anticipation...

Posted by Steve Hargreaves on 20/11/2010 12:46:45:
Hi all...apologies for resurecting a very old thread but I thought this might be the best/quickest way of reaching all you PicooZ pilots....

My little boy has been flying his PicooZ in the garden this morning (yes it has been that still today!!) & has managed to crash the thing into a plant pot.....during the crash the flybar broke & we have lost one of the weights.....no problem replacing the flybar...I have some 1mm carbon but the weight is another matter.....I wondered if anyone might have a dead PicooZ that I could pinch the flybar weights off? Without some very accurate scales I doubt I could match it...

Hopefully someone can help......thanks in anticipation...
 Hi Steve,

PM me and I will send the bits to you, I've been flying the latest S107, at £25 it's the best bang for bucks on the market at the moment. All metal frame and 3 Chanel, wish it was on 27 or better still 2.4 it would be worth a few more quid, and I'd be happy to pay it. Just can't fly these IR things out side with the sun so low.

Chris.

As a possible point of interest - as this thread has come to life again - I found that my PicooZ ran smoothly at full speed, but went into a state of noisy oscillation with a sudden decrease of rotor speed when I throttled back, so it dropped to the floor very quickly. I tried lubricating the gears and bearing, and finally fitted an extra bearing round the shaft where it comes out of the fuselage, but there was very little improvement. Anyone else had this problem? 

Thanks Big Bandit...much appreciated...

Can I also say a big thank you to Martin Harris who very kindly sent me a couple of parts.....I'm slightly embarassed  to say that they are not the same as the ones on my little boys helicopter though....they look like a smaller set of rotors where my lads version is more like a proper flybar (in 1mm carbon)...I'm going to grab my camera & post up a picture.....

Bear with me.....