PicooZ

Dave Chatterton

Hi Graham
Well as they said they went out of the shops like hot cakes so on a visit to my local model shop I purchased one having first flow one in the shop before purchase. This was my first attempt with a heli!! as I am a fixed wing nut but what great fun it was. I found it indestructable as my learning curve took it into the walls and other fixtures and fittings in the living room but soon I was able to fly around the room without everybody running for cover.What a great"TOY" for the windy days and dark nights, I have never had so much fun for such little outlay.

• 3 weeks later...
had my picco for about two months .its now had a few mods done to it.choped a few bits off here and there to make it a bit lighter .moved the battery forward to do away with the nose weight.ive added a small peice of tape to the tail .this makes it a little bit more stable in flight it also turns better..flying time is a lot better as it does,nt seem to skim about the floor as much when the battery dies off..ive also added some teflon oil to the gear bushings this has also made a difference to the noise as well as the flight duration..anyway its the best 30.00 quid ive ever spent alot of fun for a toy..its given me a taste for electric hele,s...there go,es the bank balance...ALL THE BEST ...JIM..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

I totally agree with Graham, 'Who can resist it', when the weather is bad you can still get some flying in!
However when you purchase it is a good idea to make sure that it is the genuine Silverlit article, some cheaper copies may not be as good. If you purchase 'on-line' it is also a good idea to check the Terms and Conditions on the sellers website before purchase. Please see the Silverlit website:

http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/UrgentAnnounce.htm

....and for the full story:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ces2007/low-end-theory-rc-helicopters-want-to-be-free-227943.php

I do hope that this is of use, happy landings.

Regards
David Wright

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello again.

2 Channel helicopters are they worth it?

Apart from the little PicooZ, and some of it’s ‘cloned’ brothers and sisters, probably not. There is no doubt that the PicooZ type of helicopter is well worth having, mine has been charged and flown over sixty times, ( with almost as many ‘bumps’). It is still going strong and when it finally gives up, it will be replaced.
I recently however, purchased a Syma 300 Scweizer , (an updated Dragonfly), This helicopter is in many ways a scaled up PicooZ, but there is no tail rotor trim on the transmitter, it is situated on the helicopters receiver, the helicopter therefore spins erratically until corrected. It is also very fragile, the motor and the battery pack is supported by a very thin piece of plastic. If that isn’t enough the skids are also attached to the same piece of plastic. This means that with a slightly heavy landing it will almost certainly break, as mine did. I am not sure whether it can be, or is worth repairing.
Not a good introduction to helicopters, true it only cost £38, but that could be £38 towards the purchase of a Honey Bee King!
I would be interested to know whether anyone else has had similar problems.

Regards
David

• 1 month later...
Hi

i bought a Picooz Pinki minii heli yesterday and when i got home it worked in about 3 min then i put it on charge.... when i was supposed to put of charge it wouldnt react... The light on the Heli is blinking and the Controll says power..... anyone knows whats the problem?

Ty for any help

Preben
Did you charge until the green light went out. I suspect however you may have moved the switch on the front of the Tx marked A,B & C which is basically the channel you fly on. Check the underside of your heli and there should be a letter A,B or C - ensure that the switch on the tranny corresponds with the letter under the heli.

I find that after a charge the Picoo is a bit manic and even when trimming it seems to run out of trim and has a definite anit-clockwise bias. Once some of the power has been 'burnt off' it becomes smooth and controllable - I guess its down to the limitations of the TX.

If I Google on 'piccoZ toolbox' all I get is a gateway error?
Mike

Hi, new from the box all my heli seems to do is spin in a clockwise rotation, I have used the trim method but no luck, no hair etc.. caught in blades with it being straight from the box, can anyone help please.
Can't wait to get it working properly after hearing about all the fun you guys are having with it.
Cheers.
Eddie

i just got mine today, and i wanted to see how it went out side, well i was flying mine out side, and it fell into a drain pipe, and got completly submersed in water, now its *broken* and cuts out when you go full speed, but if you keep it slower, it will not cut out, im charging it again and again, and im slowly warming it up, by starting off slow and gradually increasing in speed.
its *broken* man, but its good helicopter

• 2 weeks later...