Phoenix sim and DX7

TonyS

Quick question....
I've just set up my Phoenix sim on a new PC and for some reason, now when I fly the Easystar, the rudder has defaulted to, well, the rudder (left stick). When I only have rudder and elevator I prefer the rudder on the right stick.
Is there any way to swap this over please? 

Advert

Whilst Adam's suggestion would work,  wouldn't you then have to switch it back to fly anything else?  I wonder if you can instead edit the Easystar definition to put its rudder on the aileron channel? 

As an aside, my trainer was 3-channel, with rudder on the "aileron" channel just as Tony wants on his Easystar.  Some years later I flew a club member's 3-channel model - having not flown a 3-channel model since my trainer.  On the takeoff run I completely forgot that the "rudder" control was controlling precisely nothing...   Fortunately the model was airborne before it had drifted too far offline!

Adam - that looks like a JP in the background of your avatar.  Am I right?

Hi John,
You're quite right. When I first set up my Phoenix sim on my old PC the rudder was on the right. I got rid of the PC and have installed the sim on my laptop and now the rudder's on the left. Hmmmm.
I think I'll update the software on the site before I resort to Adam's suggested course of action. Of course I could set up the Phoenix - Easystar as a unique model memory then I wouldn't need to keep swapping. 

yes john your right it is a jet provest we've got one on the engineering course im on

and yes you would have to change it back for a diferent model but my version of phoenix automatically has the easystars rudder on the right could it be something to do with some other setting like cyclic roll? 

I've been in touch with the Phoenix support team - who were answering e.mails at 11pm!!
Apparently I had an early version of Phoenix on my disc but I'd updated it on my PC. When I reloaded it onto my laptop from the disc I was back on an early version.... Doh!
The moral - when prompted to check for updates don't click "Later"!

• 3 weeks later...
That is what you call excellent customer service...wish more companies followed suit, but it just goes to show that Phoenix aren't just after your money, they know that customers are important and treat them accordingly, i for one am glad i am getting this simulator.

Just my tuppence worth.

Edited By Rookie on 09/09/2009 09:39:24

I had an odd glitch the other night, the throttle on single engine fixed wings was fine but on Heli's and anything twin engined it was all over the place - could not get full throttle, but 3/4 throttle was almost throttle off - full stick had the engine/motor sound screaming but props barely turning.

Upgraded from 2.5e (I think) to 2.5m and was still the same

5 recalibration's did nothing, and single engine planes were always fine.  Took 2 new controller installations and then everything was fine! 

Weird - still, works fine now!

Cheers,

Bryce