Fed Up. Seagull Sea Fury - oily engine woes

Shaun, just seen your thread mate sorry. You really should think of trying the A123 route. it really is nice. I have changed the setup on mine slightly, and have switched to 6S2P A123. Gives only around 800 watts of power but it still pulls lovely big loops, 80 watts per lb is fine for a warbird IMO

There are two of them identical at the club now, both with the same setup. Though i still haven't convinced Chris to give his the Shaun makeover yet.

BTW the motor I used bolts straight in the same holes in the bulkhead that the engine mount fits. so really easy to convert. throw away the carbon burner and mount. bolt motor in place. shorten cowl cos it will be too long. enlarge hole in tank access by a 1/4 inch. drop in two bricks of 6s A123, fit an ESC to the side of the motor mount box, and fly. it really is the simplest conversion I have ever done.

Good luck
Danny

Advert

Hi Danny

Yes, still not decided about the finish. On the one hand I want to do it as soon as I have some time, somewhere to do it and something to do it with!
On the other, I know how good it makes yours look lol, so I might just leave it as is

Cheers
Chris

PS Timbo got tired of me pushing A123's as the best thing since sliced bread many moons ago.. so not going to mention those..  (oops - seems I just did )

Shaun

To see just how predictable and reliable the 6S2P A123 option is in the Fury, have a look at my photos of Danny's (I know there are too many, must weed them). Taken at our funfly.

Go into Chris's Photos, then page6. Dannys Fury starts about 1/2 way down.

Here's an example..
Cheers
Chris

Edited By Chris Bott on 14/11/2009 16:36:34

Edited By Chris Bott on 14/11/2009 16:39:14

I will have another, but  I am currently working on a Global Sky Raider I picked up at the Nats swappie.
I have also bought a Flair FW190 from eBay, now that could go leccy(?), although it is aimed at a 91 / 120 4st.

Yesterday I was on board the USS Midway looking at a full size Sky raider.... what a machine.