Does it only happen to me?

Erfolg

Well lubricated at least Myron.

If you loose the lid to your CA then use a screw or nail of appropriate diameter into the hole on the end and leave enough to grip easily sticking out of the nozzle. When you come to re-use grip and twist to clear the nozzle. If neccessary use a pair of pliers to get a good grip. Works on any sticky substance in a tube

Advert

• 1 month later...
I use Zap and throw the lids away...... I use a t-pin in the hole which does 2 things, it stops the CA running out if i inadvertently knock the bottle over and it also leaves a nice clear, same size hole everytime i pull it out. Must investigate the builders merchant type CA and activator

Edited By Tony Campbell on 26/10/2009 23:11:51

Bruce

Yet another opportunity to share experience.

We had until recently a Zanussi fridge freezer. On completion of the new north wing to Erfolg Towers, it was decided that a new fridge freezer was required, no, I understate the item, a fridge the size of a wardrobe was purchased to supplement the Zanussi, which then decided to die, a few weeks later.

Now the important bit. The Zanussi, made great play on being self defrosting, yet was not really, above all, it was damp (retrospectively). The new fridge is so dry, in atmosphere etc, it is really very notable. This means that my Cyno bottle likes it as home!

I guess it really is a matter that fridges today are better in many ways than the ones manufactured +10 years ago.

Erfolg

Nobody seems to have mentioned using a piece of capilliary tube in the end of the nozzle(?) You can cut it long or short so it is convenient for the job in hand, if it clogs trim a bit off the end. Our local LMS sells it. At the end of playing just wipe its nose with a tissue, blowing out the last drop in the tube and place it upright in a container so it doesn't fall over. I prefer ZAP and Rocket. On joints which are not a perfect fit (i.e. all my trimmed edges) I use aliphatic then add a drop or 2 of cyano to hold it all in place whie the ali dries for a good mechanical joint. There's no waiting or pinning as the cyano does the holding so I can carry on with building. I don't like accelerator as it seems to accelerate the glue that's in the bottle more than the joint.

The real cure is just to avoid the stuff. Whenever I use it I usually stick the wrong bits in the wrong way and my self to the bottle. Oh, and never test to see if there is cyno left on the bit where it comes out at the top bottle. Ask me how I know.

birdy

Always amazes me how you can glue two pieces of wood together hold them tightly together and spend the next hour removing wood from fingers which had stuck fast but the wood joint had not even resembled adhering together.
Oh and the best I have ever used is the bottles Trago Mills sell in the South West,buy a dozen a time when we go on holiday,brilliant stuff,fingers and wood
John

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin/Mod on 28/10/2009 05:26:57