Mini Jazz

Gareth Hunt

Advert

Hi,

I built a Mini Jazz from the free plan when it first came out-It is still flying & is one of my all time favourites.
Being a cheapskate, I used part of a blue cider bottle (had to drink it first-hic!) for the canopy & buit up the cowl from bits of scrap balsa, so don't worry about these items, just build one & have the time of your life for next to no money!
I powered mine with an OS 10FP, & this is fully aerobatic but not quite vertical, but a gallon of fuel lasts a lifetime.

the original jazz was sold ARC by Weston but went away a long time ago. The mini was sold as a plan pack but I forget who by. Did a bit of looking and the only thing I can find is an undercarriage on carbon copy, type "CCU00 Undercarriage Legs" into their search bar. Coke/cider bottle for the canopy should be fine though

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

i got a second hand one may 2010 i put a old os25fp on it loved it but the engine is way past its best so put a Emax 2826/06 with 80amp esc with 11x7 on it worked out same weight of what it took out >>

its flys great battery got very warm so cut a air hole in bottom of fuse about 2" back from the servos and useing the hole for fuel pipes as in let >>

should that be enough?>>

Edited By crispin church on 23/03/2011 10:28:38

Brilliant, I've still got the original mag for that and bought the canopy and cowl about 2 years ago in anticipation for a build (which has still yet to happen). I think that wood pack can save me a bit of time. Nice one RCME. I think I'll prefer to go electric with this one though. Has anyone made their mini-jazz electric yet, and if so any build/motor recommendations.

Aha! So thats what it is, there's one of those in my hangar!

It came to me part built and I maidened just 2 weeks ago. It's an electric conversion job and I had to guess the CG. it's turned out nose heavy so there's some work to be done on that. Too many glitches on 35mhz so next flight will have to wait until I get 2.4Ghz Rx for it.

Great to find out what it is & even have some instructions for it.

I've just got a FC2812 in mine, swinging a 7x6 though again prop selection may well be something to work on.

I have a 1" hole in the inderside of the fuselage and the the 30 amp ESC positioned in the air flow to this hole. In the three flights so far neither battery or speed controller seem to have got anything more than a little warm.

Thanks for the tip on CG Crispen, I'll look into that.

Rgds, Ian

Edited By Ian Jones on 24/03/2011 21:30:02

• 4 months later...
Posted by simon burch on 23/03/2011 11:26:11:
Is it any good for 3D, prop hanging etc ??. I quite fancy a little 3D machine.
Hi Simon.

No prop hanging is almost post mini jazz days!!

Fuzz is too short for that. Good fun trying though )

Knife edge is poss but needs loads of stick imput and all but full throttle

Reminds me of the first time I saw Paul Heckles hanging a wot 4 at sandown

I still have mine inc carbon U/C and os fp 15.

Leccy is the way to go now for sure.

Malcolm

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 23/08/2011 07:24:56:
Thanks Malcolm, nice to see you here

Fancy designing another

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 23/08/2011 07:32:19

Yes please. I'd love to see another Jazz (Bipe or 3D?). No pressure  

Edited By Glenn Scott on 23/08/2011 19:35:59

Edited By Glenn Scott on 23/08/2011 19:37:42

Edited By Glenn Scott on 23/08/2011 19:39:50

Edited By Glenn Scott on 23/08/2011 19:41:54

Edited By Glenn Scott on 23/08/2011 19:45:23

• 1 year later...

How did it fly ? Did you try inverted if yes was stick neutral or did you have to push down in??

My moto.... "Never add weight. Fit bigger motor" OR bigger Li poly

CG is very much a personal thing!!!! Some of the display boys in the sandown era flew model with such rearward CG you would be amazed !!