ST Models DG 1000 EP

Nige

Can anyone please help me? I have just had a minor indiscrition involving the ground and my DG 1000 powered glider which left the nose looking like its received a blow from Henrys Hammer. I think I can repair the foam but the little wooden pieces that hold the mini servos are just matchwood. Does anyone have any spare ones or has someone de-winged their plane and have a spare body? A new one from Ripmax is £39.99 wjich is a bit steep as the whole plane only cost £118. Any help much appreciated

Advert

• 1 year later...
Hi David,

Only flown mine once to date,so I am not able to say much but first impressions are it is a good model.

Performs very well with the motor, lots of power,really cool retracting and popping out the motor .

A few folks on other forums seem to have a few minor problems with the motor stop and mount,apart from that most seem well pleased.

Kelvin. 

Hi David

Had mine about 6 months, at first i thought the motor was asking for problems with it being ever so delicate, but so far my fears have been unfounded. The System that works it really is top notch! This was my second real model purchase and it flies phonomenally well, not only the top motor, but being able to ROG Takeoff really is a party piece! As for performance, on a very flat day, i can manage 30mins roughly on a 1500 3S Li-po.  Which is fantastic, but on a good day in thermals, she'll be away for ages! Not sure about slopinging it, as i havent the courage to lob it off the south downs (yet) but videos and reviews look pretty good

The Model is very easy to rig / De Rig and spends all the time its not in the in, in its orginal box, (very handy in a car which back seats don't fold down!)

For the money it is deffinately worth every penny!

This is some video of it near the end, as you can see, she really looks the part!

Hope this helps

Paddy

Edited By Paddy Fidling on 27/09/2010 21:17:12

Hi all,

I started this thread to ask for help after I impaled my DG1000 in to the dirt. I couldnt repair the model, dont have enough skill at model repairing. The ply that holds the servos is inserted before the 2 halves of the plane is bonded together and the servos are screwed in from underneath. I took the easy option of buying a replacement plane which gives me a spare pair of wings and a tail plane but I might give repairing the old one a go. The one issue I did have with my new plane was the little nut that is inside the rudder that holds the top tail elevator on came un glued and fell inside. I had to machine a piece of alloy with a mushroom flat head and a thread inside and glue it in place. I did get my other half to video a flight of my new plane but she is a terrible camera operator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Kqy3rHxo0
Am pleased you guys are enjoying flying yours

Just to put your damage into perspective and give you a bit of encouragement, Nigel, have a look at this thread. I'm a million miles from being the most skilled modeller here but a bit of looking at the problem and taking it step-by-step got me there in the end.

From what I can see in your picture, cut out the damage on the left side in a wedge shape so it can be re-inserted easily and use the damaged ply as a pattern to make another servo mount. Are those servo wires stripped? If so, check the servo for operation and use either tape or some epox or hotglue to re-insulate them.

Work out a sequence of re-assembly and get the glue in there! Bits of cocktail sticks can provide a bit of pegging and reinforcement of the new joints, if necessary.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Pete

Hi all,
It was such a lovely day yesterday with absolutely no wind so I decided to get the glider out and go for a fly. On setting up the nut that holds the elevator on inside the rear tailplane came lose and could be seen rattling about inside.

I bonded the new piece in with Speed Epoxy. As for any weight issue I placed it on the Boss ladys elderly scales and thought I would use matches to work out the weight. Only trouble was I placed it on the scales and they never moved so from that I can only deduce the added weigh of the new piece is going to make no difference to the C of G.

If anyone has a similar problem and no access to a lathe I might be persuaded with a nice bottle of red to make one and post it 

Hi Paddy,
I see your in West Sussex, so am I, in Royal Bognor Regis. If you have any problems like mine please do get in touch and maybe we can work out a solution for you. Without a lathe this silly little nut falling off could have grounded my glider for good and as far as the cost of my little modification, a 10 inch long piece of bar 10mm in diameter cost 25 pence and I only used roughly 1 inch of it. Where abouts do you fly in West Sussex ? Regards Nige