EFlite Blade MSR or CX3

Paddy Fidling

I Do love my fixed wing's but after a year of buzzing my kyosho mini's round the front of my house, i have decided to investigate Rotary wings! And i have had some time on the silly little piccoo Z cheapy things, and my friends micro mosquito ( co-axial) In short I am comfy at the hands of a chopper..
so i was looking at these for next years long summer evenings ...
or
I do want a bit or thrills with lighting and basically

CX3 Pro's - Co-Axial, more begginery,  light set
CXD3 Con's - Get boring easily? more expensive not very atractive

MSR Pro's - More fun, Can be used as trainer, Cheaper, Looks the mutts nuts
MSR Con's - possibly harder to fly, not take wind as well?

What do people think?

Cheers Paddy

Edited By Paddy Fidling on 14/11/2009 21:53:22

Advert

• 1 month later...
Just got an mSR for Christmas (well, alright, I bought it for her to give me!).  Compared with my mCX, the mSR seems quite unstable.  It cannot hover by itself and sets off in a circular motion without any input from me.  I don't know if this is the "toilet bowl" flight described in the manual but I did use the alignment tool to check the swashplate position and that was fine. 

Has any one else had a problem with MSRs?  Is this a fault or a feature of this helicopter?

I have a mSR (as well as a MCX and a 400 size CP machine as well). The mSR is a lot more manouverable than the MCX, it does move around in the hover a bit, but once out of the ground affect will hover resonably stably when trimmed out.

A great indoor heli and possibly outdoors in flat calm, I can't see it being able to handle much wind, probably best to move upto a 400 size machine for that.

MSR will be a lot better in wind, co axes are useless in wind, not enough control, The msr is brilliant, it is quite easy to fly, if you can fly a coax, dont bother going backwards!

I too got one for christmas, with plenty of MCX practice, running rings around the ceiling tinsel and all the other occupants!

Thanks everyone for your input.  I went back to the model shop (Model Junction in Bury St Edmunds) and asked for help which was instantly given.  They identified one of the blades having an unusual upward twist towards the tip.  They swapped over a blade set from another MSR going back for a sticky servo and test flew the MSR which flew very much better!  I've now flown it myself indoors and it is quite entertaining. I do find that you have to be well ahead of the MSR otherwise you're in trouble - no different from twitchy aerobatic devices I suppose.