The weekend of 21/22 Nov

Advert

Even I am grounded at the moment - havent flown ( except indoor fun stuff ) for a week - the wind is very strong which is fine, but the rain is so heavy it hurts!  Still at least it means a few more models getting out if their boxes and on the bench. I now have two finished waiting for their maiden, and just about to start another one of the three remaining.
I have a Rippy Alienator ( bought 3 years ago to replace one which died, a Seagull Extra 300, bought at Weston 2 years ago, and the Jepe fly fly hawk, plus a new little sloper jet like model arriving any day...... Hmmm decisions

Funny you should mention  that. It was the very last flight I ever made with 35Mhz. My JR PCM receiever decided to go into lockout, and the servos (correctly) then adopted the failsafe preprogrammed positions, which were throttle low, elevator slight touch of up, and ailerons level. Now that sounds fine huh - trouble is, I was inverted and approx 3' high and fast across the strip at the time. Hands up all those who know what happens when the elevator moves slightly "up" when the model is inverted
It was a mess of foam and garish paint all over the field. The mega 22/20/3 motor and 10 X 6 prop means this thing shifted. I went to 2.4Ghz exactly 3 years ago this month, first ever in our club ( and the region too I beleive ) and never had a glitch / lockout since.
RIP Aleienator....goodbye and good riddance 35 Mhz!

My son and I got a quicky in this morning me with a Slinger Zagi and him with Multiped Gemini. Wind gusting to 30mph absolutely mad. My Zagi went ok with lots of power and lots of down stick. The Gemini on the first attemp went up flipped over hit the car and ended up in the field. It did get off the ground on the third attempt but spent most of the time stationary or going backwards. Great fun.

We decided to give up and go home and just as we climbed into the car the sky open and a torrent came down.