My RC shopping experience.

GiantCod - outstanding, enough said!
BRC - excellent, usually arrives the next day!
Robotbirds- brilliant for things no-one else seems to have!
Hobbycity - just post the damn thing.
Galaxy models - please don't ignore me when I'm infront of you at the counter! (But generally very good)
SMC - good but only used a few times.
Als Hobbies - as above.
Foamyjets - good, if it's in stock.
RC Castle - very good considering they're thousands of miles away.

There you go, not a great insight but I've not had any really bad experiences in over 20 years so our retail network must be in pretty good shape.

Advert

Can anyone join in? On 25th September I ordered my Lysander kit from my hobby store. The plan arrived in 2 weeks, the Vac pack arrived 3 weeks ago (about average travel time here in South Africa) I'm still waiting for the CNC and Wood pack, so on the 17th November e-mailed customer service and got no reply. On the 25th e-mailed again, a lady by the name of Lorna Killick e-mailed by return, apologised for the delay and is posting a kit asap! No question! How good is that?

Tony if Iremember correctly I ordered mine about the same time. got it in different time periods but it arrived a couple of weeks ago. and it went further south than you.
All in I would have to say not to bad my hobbystore, but how about sending everything together so the postage isnt so expensive.
I deal with american shops quite often as they supply me faster than some local ones
A Main hobbies is great service as is tower hobbies,
locally in nz rc bandit and 436 models are hard to beat.
oh and our trademe site which is like your ebay.

Hi Kiwi, most stuff arrives from UK within 48hours, it's after that, that everything starts to go pear shaped. Even with the exact correct address stuff often gets sent to the wrong Post office, there it just sits, undeliverable, for 4 weeks until it's returned to sender, by sea! Of course if it's anything of value it just disappears into the system! I have a 100% sucess rate with post that has a tracking number!

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would add my two pennies worth on some great service I have experienced recently. As I live in the sticks I order my glow fuel online from Optifuels and I will speak as I find without wishing to sound like their PR dept.!

I have ordered to 2 lots of 4 gallons of Optimix 12 with a space of 6 weeks between each order. On each occasion the fuel arrived within 3-4 days which I consider absolutely fine.

On the first batch it looked as though one of the bottles had leaked a bit from one of the closures but now real harm done and the cardboard box was completely intact. However, the second batch saw two of the bottles had leaked slightly through the lids and fuel had soaked into the box as far as externally making the box weak. The transit company had put brown parcel tape around it to try and secure said box. Mind you I wonder if the driver knew he was handling something poisonous!

Any way I telephoned Process Measurement & Analysis (Optifuel supplier) just to mention what was happening in transit to see if it was happening to any other customers which appeared not to be the case.

Without my asking or prompting the cheery lady I spoke to thanked me for reporting this and said a gratis/free gallon of Optimix 12 would be winging its way to me. Can't say fairer than than can you?