E-scale P-47

Tim Mackey

Posted by James40 on 29/12/2010 11:29:29:
Resurrecting this thread, Richard, what colours did you go for on your repaint ?

I'm going to do a similar scheme on my P-47 when I choose which one to go for, I'm currently torn between this one and PZ's latest offering.
I've repainted all my Parkzone birds, my P-51 is in "Moonbeam McSwine" colours and my BF109 has a nice yellow nose and some weathering.

Hi there James. Lucky I was having a look through my old posts or wouldn't have seen this. The colours I went for were TAMIYA AS32 MEDIUM SEA GREY for underneath, TAMIYA AS31 OCEAN GREY and TAMIYA AS30 DARK GREEN 2 orHUMBROL DARK GREEN 30 for the upper surfaces. I am currently looking at the new FMS 1.4m P47 (EPO Foam). I am just waiting for the updated 4 prop version to come out in UK.

Edited By Richard Lewis on 04/01/2011 13:04:45

Thanks Richard, I'll get some ordered.

Parkzone's P-47 should be arriving on the UK's shores early next week and reading the threads on the US forums, it's a very nice flying plane indeed.

I've ordered the graphics from the states so they should be here around the same time as the plane.... fingers crossed!
I'm also ordering the e-scale 4 blade 9x10 prop to bolt on the front, should look good when it's all done. 

• 1 year later...

cockpit2.jpgJust had an escale artf p-47 and was really glad I found this forum to tell me how to get the best out of it!

Other than the fact that its made of eps which is unbelieveably fragile and seems to get marked just by holding it I'm really impressed. It certainly looks the part and fly's much better than I expected a foamy to fly (other than a radian glider, my other foamies are indoor stuff).

After reading these posts, I have replaced the retract servo( which didnt last very long) with a hitec hs82mg with metal gears and Ive ordered a turnigy servo slower. I was amazed after looking at the real Hun hunter on you tube just how close to scale the model is.

While waiting for the servo slower to arrive, I found a cheapo (£3 off ebay)lipo low cell indicator (green lights=ok, flashing red lights=low voltage, BUZZERS=LAND QUICK!!!!)in the shed and after searching for places in the P47 finally decided to put it in the cockpit. As you will see from the pics I had to cut a bit of the foam out, but I'm pleased with the result, easy to see and adds a bit of interest to the cockpit detail.

By the way, if anyone knows for definate what model the 25A esc is so that I can check the programming I would be grateful. All it has on it is a sticker saying 'escale 24A ESC'.!

ps The pilot is a remodelled X-fighter pilot stolen from from my grandson!cockpit1.jpg

• 3 years later...