Maricardo builders

rathers

Hi Tony, thanks, pics are exactly what I was looking for. I am a litle slow in visualizing the finished product when looking at the plan. Your pics saved me a lot of time in studying the plan so I could get on with the build. Wing fixing bolt at the top, good Idea. For Alex ,I second kc,and I also think a little dihedral gives a more pleasing appearence. IMHO. cheers

Advert

The original dihedral is shown on the plan but the article says zero dihedral is used for better roll rate. For an experienced flier the zero dihedral would seem better, while for someone only just past the trainer stage the original dihedral might make the model a little more forgiving.

• 9 months later...
Check the CG is correct and the ailerons are aligned correctly. ( not both up too much )
I would check the wing incidence which should be zero degrees for wing & tailplane. Is the wing seating correctly or obstructed by the cockpit part?

• 5 months later...

Hi Luther, my plan is only about 3 year old and I can confirm it is a one piece wing. I doubt that the plan would be changed as it is a classic. The span is only about 58 inches if my memory serves me right, so I cannot see the need at all for a 2 piece wing. Daft question, but does it say Maricardo on the plan. ? Cheers  ps welcome to the forum by the way.

Edited By fly boy3 on 08/04/2012 21:28:46

Thanks for the reply. I am going on my memory only. I just finished my first model build in many years. Yes it is a Maricardo and the wing is a single peice. It is not the best build I have ever done but it looks nice. I hope to get a chance to take it out soon and fly it. I used an OS 46 AX. Once again thank you.

Leo

Hi Luther, we are all the same,never satisfied with our work, but this could be a good thing. Most important thing is that it flies well. Get the CoG right, wing incidence ok, and the engine on song, and most of your problems will be solved. Cheers

• 4 years later...