GWS TEXAN 39 inch Electric

Stephen Grigg

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
thanks stephen ,i didnt have any luck with the white sg kit so have picked up a painted one ,after seeing yours .it wasnt cheap but as you said you get some nice extras .
im very inpressed with the kit seems much stronger than the corsair is it made of epo foam?
also did you use the motor wire extensions included ?

Hi Austin someone did mention his didnt have enough elevator I believe.If Im right on the first one we didnt change the rates at all,and Ive just telephoned my mate for confirmation and his words were " give it all you can giive iit".I found mine a joy to fly on full rates,and Ive only been flying a couple of years

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I did manage to get to the field eventually, but the speed controller had gone out of tune and the motor wouldnt run very well I have just got round to contacting BRC but they couldnt recognise thr controller I was describing.So Ive purchased a new controller and program card.Don at BRC is even setting the card up so I can just plug it in to the correct program ,so hopefully the next few days may see the Texan fly at last

So,I set myself up on the Patio and the soldering went very well.Swopped the Speed controllers over.Before doing that I tried the program card,you should get a bleep after 1-4 seconds then ite programmed,silence.After swopping them over connected the program card and bleep ,Programmed shimple as that,actually NO,still cuts out at just over half throttle.Ive found another motor,but I need to drills some holes to get it to fit,so may be tomorrow

Hey Stephen,
After seeing many pristine, well organised, clan and tidy modelling benches on this and othe forums, I'm so happy to see yours looks just like mine when in the middle of a project.

That's how your soldering iron gets lost .

sparks

Edited By sparks59 on 25/07/2010 06:48:10

Edited By sparks59 on 25/07/2010 06:52:15

Gonna have to get me one of these Stephen, thanks for sharing. Ditto the bench, I always spend half a day tidying up before starting a model... it doesn't last long into the build though!

I had exactly the same problem will belly landing at first, it's how I lost my PZ Mustang after being use to a U/C on the HZ Cub. It comes though with practice as you have found.  I think the mind is saying it's gonna hurt so we slow it down too much and then it stalls and does hurt! I'm now wondering if I could land a model with a U/C as my preference for the last couple of years has been belly landings once I got the hang of it.

Posted by Gemma Jane on 25/07/2010 12:20:57:
Gonna have to get me one of these Stephen, thanks for sharing. Ditto the bench, I always spend half a day tidying up before starting a model... it doesn't last long into the build though!

I had exactly the same problem will belly landing at first, it's how I lost my PZ Mustang after being use to a U/C on the HZ Cub. It comes though with practice as you have found.  I think the mind is saying it's gonna hurt so we slow it down too much and then it stalls and does hurt! I'm now wondering if I could land a model with a U/C as my preference for the last couple of years has been belly landings once I got the hang of it.

I'll admit that it doesn't happen very often (well not as often as i'd like), especially on sand, but there is something very satisfying when I get the landing just right and she comes in on the wheels, tail up for a yard or so, then gently rolling to a stop. Maybe its just chance, but I'm going to take the credit anyway!

sparks

• 2 weeks later...
Having fitted a new speed controller and programmed it with a card anf failed miserebly,I started to search around for an  alternative plan.Ive found new motors new Speed controllers,motors with speed controllers attached to them all sorts of things.I cannot remove the model engine mount,but can change the mount the engine fits to and then fits to the model mount.About 2 weeks ago All I needed to do was remove the mount the engine screws on to drill extra holes to fix it securely to the model then fit another motor,Since then Ive found lots of other models to occupy me.So Ive veered off course a bit.Ive got one model ready, then that has reminded me of another and so on.Yesterday I though of a low wimgwe I put in a back room a year ago,so Ive that one out and tonight I want to get that ready for the scale tomorrow,so this one is still on hold,it was ever thus

• 4 months later...