Is there such a thing!

Palmerama

Advert

There are a number of 1930's Flying boats in that configuration, including the Supermarine Southampton. Heinkel He 59. Hall PH3.
More up to date, there is also the Dornier Do 28 Skyservant which is not really a biplane, but has a stub wing supporting the engines! Could be called a sesquiplane.........

I found this, a Waco Biplane with a Pratt & Whitney Radial engine and a T38 jet under the fuselage. Two engines, but not a twin!) Stated to be the only jet biplane in the world,

but then there's this.
A PZL M15 purpose built single jet engined cropsprayer, not very pretty
.Now who is going to model this one? Plenty of room in those tanks for fuel -  and toffees!

Posted by Tim Hooper on 19/01/2010 09:18:39:
How modern is modern?

The most recent I can think of is the DH Rapide;

Beautiful, isn't it?  I had the pleasure of a trip in Air Atlantiques example a coupe of years ago - marvellous!

tim

Yes, it's really cool.  I've seen the one that flies out of Doncaster.

Here's a kit version

Hey thanks I wasn't expecting so many replies. Brilliant...

I'm liking the look of the DH Dragon Rapide, looking for a bigger build than the electric link to the kit though, possibly IC engines 2 stoke 40's however the electric one looks great and is tempting at the price.

I've not found much on the internet for the Boulton & Paul P71 A but I like the image posted....

I really like the Curtiss Condor shown below:
I think this is my fav. so far..

Edited By Palmerama on 19/01/2010 19:12:03

Edited By Palmerama on 19/01/2010 19:12:33

Thanks TOM the link was to a an interesting plane for the Boulton-Paul P.75 Overstrand
It has a wingspan of 21.95 Meters and reaches a speed of 153 MPH

Still I think I'd prefer the Curtiss Condor however the DH Dragon Rapide is growing on me the more as I look at the build with both wings mounted on the body.

The engine positions on the Boulton & Paul P71 A has an advantage for the propeller ground clearance and a nice feature of a tripple tail fins seen below: