27MHZ

Advert

Hi Lee, Parkzone have them in their aircraft as standard and so one can only assume it to be legal or they wouldn't be allowed to sell them surely? When the Fokke wulf was reviewed in RCM&E it had a 27mhz radio system and there was no mention of it being illegal. What with all the cars and boats on 27mhz I wouldnt like to risk it. Al

• 3 weeks later...
AND BTW, most 27MHz gear put in planes is FM...cars, boats, etc are AM.

I have ground tested a "Red" plane on FM near a car on "Red", on th face of it the same frequency apart from the modulation used.....and while I would not fly it, there was not as much interference as you might think!!!

can anyone help,please? I know live in an area near an electric power flying club. my last clud was i.c.power.
I have anumber of planes which I wish to convert to electric and am wondering if there is a fairly straighforward correlation as regards power. ie one small plane has an os20 another a 40.I wish to keep the performace levels about the same. What would the equivalent brush/brushless be.? Iwould be greatfull for any
info.

Hi David
To get an answer to your question I would start a new thread. That way all will see your request. I aint got a clue about elec myself just starting to learn ( buying a slipstream from flying wing at the end of the month) If that counts as learning lol

Best Regards

Lee (still tx less bummer !!!!) lol

• 6 months later...
I now have a number of electric flight models flying but am having trouble with glitching on two. Both are using high  kv motors turning small props with pusher configuration. the same setup with front motor with a bigger prop gives no trouble. I have tried a ferrite ring on the esc to receiver leed,2 turns. The models concerned are foam Ally  Cat and deppron d-tyke..I can't see the foam making a difference. I keep the esc and receiver as far apart as possible and route the arial straight to the wing tip. Any ideas please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

27Mghz AM (not come across an FM version) was and is still in use for all forms of RC models. It is prone to interferance, when CB first hit the UK market it pretty much killed the 27Mghx gear and downed a lot of models. It's still legal to fly/drive models using this equipment and some low cost models come complete with 27Mghz gear, but definatly not recomended particularly for aircraft.

AFAIK it would be illegal to operate a radio station on 27mghz as the frequency is alocated to RC models.