swapmeet

Ian  Regan

Advert

Swapmeets are a chance for fellow aeromodellers, not only to meet and greet, but also to fleece each other blind!

Using the old adage that one mans meat is another mans poison, they can be the ideal hunting ground for that oh-so-hard to source gizmo.  Alternatively, they can be the best place to view over-priced rubbish that you wouldn't give houseroom to.

A lot of stuff seems to be bought on impulse, which then surfaces again at next years event.

I wouldn't miss our local one for the world!

tim

Ian - Take some tat to swap for tat (which you can take parts from to repair your tat at home).  Put plenty of 'old' fivers & pound coins in yer wallet, for the better quality stuff you'll like the look of.

Swap meets can be great places for picking up all sorts of bargains.  And if you have some good natter along the way, its amazing how much knowledge you can pick up.

BB

picked up an e-flite dhc Beaver arf at the mountbatten swapmeet for 60£ with four hitec 65 mg servos, plane is in perfect condition apart from a small tear on one side. the seller said it had only had two flights and it looks like that may be true. also got a depron shockie geebee 30in span with servos, motor ,esc and prop never flown for £17 50. when you consider the cost of the mg 65;s the beaver was more or less freebie

theres bargains to be had at carboot sales too, some of the house clearance lads dont have any idea what modeling gear is worth ie 65in e flite sea fury with 8 servos and reciever retracts and flaps for £60 looks to be in flyable condition,  brand new fs70 surpass with 4 148 servos £20, cheekily offered £15 but he said no so coughed up anyway, i always take note of the sellers number plate if it seems to much of a good deal just in case i hear of any thing being stolen goods. once saw a whole garage full of tools being sold of for silly money till the owner spotted the stall and called the police. the idiots were selling it off less than five miles away from where they nicked it

well i whent to the swapmeet this morning,  pick up a 3d foamy £15 not bad ,lots of carbon stips to glue ,bit of a painfull job. still gives me something to do. dont think i will go to that one next time as it was very small hall and lots of models tring to get around, think they needed a one way route a  round the hallway , and a policetraficecontroller to keep things going ?? still not a bad thing will try the other one that comeingup in a few mouths in brightlensea.