8 FG

Stephen Grigg

Stephen I think the R/X that came with your trannie is the 6008 eight channel which needs to be on the Multi setting if the others are 607s for example then they need to be on the 7 channel setting. Basically they will only bind to your trannie when you've got the right mode selected so providing they bind/link and you get the green light you're good to go

Thanks Ultymate your a star,Took it to the field today and really enjoyed the feel of the controls.I have better control of the throttle and the sticks have a positive feel about them.Changing the models was fine and I had to reverse a couple of servos and that was OK as well.Next visit will be setting up and trimming the Cap 232

Put a 4th model in last evening and it is getting a lot easier and quicker.After my first forays I seem to be advancing qiute well.This evening will be spent looking at setting the model up as the last 2 additions will need this.If I can get the gist of things before I go to the field itll make things a lot easier.Although it has received high approval at the field none of them know how to work such a sphisticated modern technological contraption.I think most of them would be happier if Id arrived with a Bang Bang kit or Fleet Tx,which incidently I have seen used at our patch.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Stephen Grigg aka bw on 10/02/2010 18:07:14:
Put a 4th model in last evening and it is getting a lot easier and quicker.After my first forays I seem to be advancing qiute well.This evening will be spent looking at setting the model up as the last 2 additions will need this.If I can get the gist of things before I go to the field itll make things a lot easier.Although it has received high approval at the field none of them know how to work such a sphisticated modern technological contraption.I think most of them would be happier if Id arrived with a Bang Bang kit or Fleet Tx,which incidently I have seen used at our patch.

Grin, glad you got it working. I just bought one of these myself and its shaping up to be a fine bit of kit. The menu structure is actually quite good once you get the hang of it. I've dabbled with touch sensitive devices (they're everywhere now) so that was not a problem for me. Like the clean design and layout of the unit. Been through the manual and played with it a bit - next thing is to get it programmed. I have to say its functions and facilities are a big step up compared to the 7C (which is also a nice Tx). Funny thing: when I first saw the 8FG I thought it a bit odd in terms of comparitive design and placement within the Futaba range, but as I read up it began to grow on me and when I first held it...done deal! It feels light in the hands and nicely balanced. The more time I spend with it the more I like it - never had that with another transmitter

I agree Bladerunner. At first, in pictures, I thought it looked a bit "odd". Then when you see it "in the flesh" it seems to look better. But the real clincher is when you pick it up and handle it - it feels "right" I can't express it any better than that. All the way from the textured finish to the weight and balance, everything checks out. I've been content with other transmitters - but not as "at home" in terms of "feel" as quickly as with this one.

BEB

• 2 weeks later...
Had a bit of a whoopsie today but fortunately  found the problem whilst carrying out pre flight check.Had my first flight and a committe member has been showing a great interest in the Tx.He had downloaded the instruction book and wanted to check a couple of things on the transmitter.Some how he changed channel1 aileron for Gyr3.So when I went to make my second flight,no ailerons.I checked the model out and plugged something else in to see if it was the aileron wiring.Gave up and started to carry the model back to check it at home.He saw me doing this and then admitted he might have done something.So, a couple of checks on the Tx showed the no1 channel wasnt working.Soon found the change of channel designation,swopped it back to aileron and an enjoyable afternoon.Im going to have to watch no on fiddles with my transmitter in future.

........and he's waited a while before getting his own back, by the sound of it (not that I'm stirring things, of course........)

Hmmm.

Now you have some spare channels on the 8FG (keeping things on thread), you're gonna have to fit a pair of Sidewinders on the Pulse, aren't you?

Pete

Actually Stephen forget the sidewinders - too clinical, too fast.

How about a pair of rotating sword bladessticking out of each wing tip - you know like they used to have on the wheel hubs of old war charriots. You could deploy them via a set of retracts and drive them with couple of outrunners. Quick flick of the tranny switch,....brrrrrrrr,...flick again to retract and bingo - instant revenge and no evidence! "What me guv'nor? Wasn't me"

BEB

Without a doubt - but you might have some problems explaining what you were doing if you got caught....

"You see officer its like this, I've just gone 2.4....."

Somehow I think you might be better getting them legally. Having said that I'd stop short of

"Oh little girl I wonder if I might have that straw when you've finished with it for my model airplane?"

Mmmmm, maybe the best plan is to just buy the cartons, take off the straw and throw the carton of discussing sweet yuk in the bin  Its a pity they don't make a red wine version really.

BEB