8 FG

Stephen Grigg

Just received this from Galaxy.At my age these new fandangled eletronic mind fields totally confuse me.Ive spent the last 2 days not daring to do anything but charge the battery and swich it on and off.Ive a mental block on how to proceed.Ive readc the manual but havent the patience nowadays.It surprises me how far I had progressed with my prevoius controller and how easy it had all become.I really hate change in my life nowadays ,but I need to bite the bullet and bind  a simple model to the TX and start simply.

There is a picture on BEB,s thread,I telephoned Galaxy and what I thought was a screw driver I think is the thing to push the little switch on the receiver to bind it.He said, best thing to do is use your favorite model,my reply,my Pulse is dead.Im goint to start with either my Mamselle or S/Scorpion.Being 3 channel and no real setting up should help

these tx's are fantastic i got mine before xmas once you start using it it becomes really simple it is a case of just biting the bullet and scrolling through the menus when i first started it seemed imposible but very quickly it becomes so easy i would recommend this tx to anyone and anyone in my clubs who needs help i would show them basic set ups. it is far easier then say a 6exa but it is infinately programmable but you can keep it simple.
colin  

Well,i,m n ot going to bind a model until I understand the TX a bit more.My sole success so far is I managed to get my user name on it.The next thing I need to do is put the model name on.I found the page but cant figure out whar procedure I need to get there.My fingures appear to be much to big for doing the touch movement and it doesnt go the same way as me.Once I had somehow moved the cursor to the letters to do my name it was easy.I then had to stop as i was losing patience not being able to  do the model name.Next I will need to know how to move from model to model,havent found that section yet

Stephen, had my 8FG for a week and a bit now and am gradually transferring all my model settings across. As others before have mentioned initially seems a little strange, but the more you use it the more intuative it becomes. Where it has immediately come into its own is with the Glider settings which are very easy to use and also the Blizzard settingd for the V-tail are easy!!
Only thing that annoys me is that the scrolling is not yet second nature and I keep ending up in a menu I don't want to be in!!
Apart from that no problem very light and easy to handle and fly with, just stick with it !!!

Peter 

Hi,

making good progress with mine - only got one model in it at the moment, but that seems fine and in the one flight I got today before the flamming fog came down it felt good.

What I did find a bit difficult at first was the circular "spinning" action needed on the touch ring. I kept shooting past the option or letter I wanted and having to back-up! But it does come natural with a bit of practice. It was great flying 2.4 GHz - no frequency worries, smug expression .

The control was rock solid - so I'm pretty pleased at the moment. Now I've got to work out how to put another plane in - in case this fog ever lifts.

BEB

Im a bit frustrated at the moment.Ive come home full of confidence,all I have to do is link the 2 extra receivers.Can I get them to link  NO.It all reads so simply.Have the TX and RX within 1 metre.Turn the TX on,when its lights tell you its transmitting,turn on the RX.Push the little link button in for 2 seconds,The TX  starts flashing Red.It then links to the TX and the light changes to solid Green.Shimples.NO ITS NOT the Rx goes back to Red which means it hasnt linked.Ive checked the battery condition on both within there tolerences.The supplied Rx with the Tx  is already linked.I dont want to start using the Tx until I can link new Rx myself.Dont believe Im doing anything wrong,HEEEEEEEELP  GRRRRR

Stephen if your trannies like the 10C you have to choose between the 7channel mode and the 10 channel mode. I'm not sure if this applies to the 8 but if I have the wrong mode selected it won't bind to the receiver. If you do have to change it you'll have to go into parameters to do so

Edited By Ultymate on 06/02/2010 18:52:56

Ive searched through the instructions,Ive found nothing about  7 and 10 channel modes Ultymate.I  had an idea that didnt work.On my previous Tx you could not fly the wrongmodel because it would only bind to the selectes model.The Rx supplies with the Tx is already bound.I assumed it would be bound to position 1 and that was why the second Rx  wasnt linking.On Futaba I dont think that is the case.When I tried position 1 the supplied Rx immediately glows Green,but it also glows green on pos.2.Ive tried a couple of different positions but still the same ,No link.It sounds such an easy thing to do so I cant understand why its not linking.The Supplied Rx comes connected to 4 servos.When I operate the Tx they all work,so the Tx is working fine,Im now not only frustrated but also confused