Suggestions for first shock style?

agree with alan micro shockies are harder to fly, would recommend a clik or similar for first indoor. similar doesn't mean downgrade on quality, donuts models deluxe, osiris will all do, but the clik is actually a fair bit cheaper than either.

clubmate of mine had one of those yaks and they're complete rubbish tbh, 4-site is WAY WAY better. he's now on the 3rd evolution having made it out of depron, enlarged the wing area and fitted a more powerful motor. don't buy one, bad design.

Hi Jonathan

No probs - I got the Pietu as a replacement for the motor that I originally ordered as it was out of stock - so I was  quite happy with the arrangement as it was 3 times the price of the original motor ordered for the same money! Also I got the 6 amp ESC other than the 10 amp previously ordered.   Not had any problems though. However I wont use the same supplier again as there have been a lot of problems with them - myself and many of my friends.

The 500 lipo works well and our models are pratically similar in weight. Bit of a trade off really with the smaller ESC etc  Horses for courses - Interesting comments of yours though - its good to know that you can get the same performance cheaper.  My son bouht a second hand click and it has a heavy motor etc.  I will get him to look at your suggestions.  I had  suspicions about the Yak!  You just confirmed it!

Many thanks  Al

I've got 3 x Turbo RTX  rc  servos in mine. To be honest I have never heard of them!  They came as a package with the model. They work fine.  You could buy eg any budget 3.5 - 5 gram servos eg Tower Pro - Hexitronic etc  unless you are a competition flyer using high spec digitals I wouldn't personally get to concerned or bogged down in the performance. Jonathan could probably help you more out here.

Just one point that I have done with my shockies. The suppled connections between the servos and the flying surfaces are usually linked by thread (normally supplied) - or some people use fishing line. I find the thread fiddly and can slaken off.  I personally use 1 mm carbon rods to connect everything. For me it keeps everything tight and responsive.  However that is my own personal preference and it works better for me.

well i got a bit of a special offer with servos/rx . AR6300 and 4 spekky 6g digis with JSTs for £55 i think . These are great, but pricey on their own, i've seen some waypoints on robotbirds with JSTs that'll go with the 6300. I quite like the towerpro SG50s but i think my flying is good enough now so i can feel the difference between them and the much more precise and smooth digis. g6 are a bit heavy really, you could probably use a 6g on aileron justifiably and go smaller on the tail.

i've used kevlar thread for the tail, but it does slacken, so i'm going to fit an adjustable arrangement with very small grubscrews on the servo arm that i've seen done for adjustment on my next setup.

i sprayed my clik in frecce tricolori colours so that's probably added 5-6g on its own, just the plain gear and airframe and some mods i've got planned and i should have the next one down to 130g ish. might mill it aswell if i can find a suitable method.

is that allflight  yeh they are a bit strange sometimes, take ages to deliver and sometimes products are bad.