Are we an ageing hobby?

Advert

Hey guys, give me chance - I haven't finished this one yet!

But you're right. What I think would be interesting would be to do that survey now, then again in say 6 months and then 6 months after that - and so record the spread. Mmmmm, I feel a survey coming on!

But in the meantime, lets finish this one. Come on guys lets have one big last push before the deadline on Friday night - if we can break through 300 responses that would be great.

BEB

1.  51

2.  Sport both IC & Electric
      Thermal Glider
      Old Timers

3.  KK Ajax 1967 age 9 

Have had a go at FF peanut scale, Hlg, P30 and Coup. Control line scale and aerobatics. RC gliders both slope and thermal, scale, pylon, aerobatics, helicopter, Old Timers and I run Glo 2C & 4C, Diesel and electric. Have enjoyed every aspect of  model aircraft flying I have tried to date.

Edited By I fly lil planes on 21/03/2010 00:42:50

Edited By I fly lil planes on 21/03/2010 00:46:11

Started  in 1941, aged 11, making the classic beginner's mistake of building a small rubber-powered scale model: a Vickers Wellesley. A Frog kit, I think. Total failure, for flying! Then a few solid scale models and chuck gliders, followed by a 31-inch span 'Baby Gull' glider, designed by RFL Gosling, in 1946. Success! And what's more, I still have it, after over 60 years. It's been re-covered once or twice, and still gets taken out for a flight occasionally. Now, mainly gliders and small electric models, that I can fly close to home.

• 2 weeks later...