Flying tomorrow i hope

Hope its going to be a flyable day tomorrow, the last few weeks have been poor. 
newport and district model flying club is who we are  flying from the former ww2 airfield  RAF Peplow with tarmac runway with electric facilities portacabin water and heat- good stuff !! 

Advert

21C and sunny here today - but 9C, heavy rain and wind forecast for tomorrow and wet through week, warming up to 17C at weekend

Strong southerly breeze blowing which is the worst direction for me. Just had a flight with a re-motored Nebula which was a bit exciting when it came to getting it down! With a wind from the south and a southerly slope, the glide angle equalled the slope, IYSWIM..........

Anyway, fourth attempt got her down safely!

Pete

Sunday was not bad for the weather till it gat blustery about 2pm. That wasn't the prioblem that said don't fly,,, The farmer has put a herd cows in the field, not normally a problem. Just that one had very recently calved and the calf was "hidden" in the rushes near the runway. Hieland Cows are Very Agressive protecting thier newborn.

Walsall MAC, Cannock, West Midlands/Staffordshire border.
3pm : Dry, cloudy and wind between 10-25mph, gusting.

Sunday was an adventurous day for me which saw a flight from the Blizzard, Mentor and two from the Pulse XT60 (all aircraft electric).

A fantastic 2 hours well spent over at the club field with no incidents, despite the gusts some very nice landings were put in the bag.