Re-run of a thread I started 2 to three years ago updated!(Running an engine on water)

Myron Beaumont

Advert

Don't you just love those yanks...
Just read the article that the initial post links to .....

extract...

What if you could Suddenly be getting 35 or 40 MPG instead of just 17 or 21 MPG? How much money could you be saving to use for other things? Obviously, results vary on the type of car you drive. But make no mistake about it - if you build it like I show you, you WILL save gas, just like these people have done:

A word to our cousin's over the pond..... we've been regularly getting 35 to 40 mpg from our cars for the past 10 to 15  years plus. The secret is "Don't drive a 5 litre gas-guzzling SUV!!"

Bonkers. If they bought Ford Fiestas and Vauxhall Corsas instead of Hummers or Chevvy Elk-killers they could double their MPG's in a heartbeat instead of thinking of bizzare ways to pump water into the fuel. Makes me smile.

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 31/03/2010 19:48:09:
The fact is that way up  north they apparently have more oil underground reserves than the rest of the world put together  . It IS big -just a bit deeper than most .Enough to last until 2050 . Not a lot of peeps seem to know that !
 Myron

I think you are referring to the Athabasca Oil (or tar) Sands, where development is grinding to a halt because of the low oil price, when it hits 125 USD a bbl again the development will restart. It's not deep, but very heavy, almost bitumen, so requires a lot of heat to extract and also energy to upgrade.

I can report some success with water .Using an old pressure cooker , a spark plug was fitted to where the weights go & a tube secured to what was the safety valve .A bit "Heath Robinson "I know especially the coil & old distributor spun with my starter However when up to heat a normal gas lighter was introduced to the flow of steam coming out . It reminded me of a pulse jet !! What 's going on ?? I did fit a mesh screen around the spark area by the way -just thought it might contribute to the spark not being doused too much
What next I ask myself ?