New CRRC 26cc 2 stroke petrol

Bruce Richards

• 8 months later...
Advert

Hi Bing. I fitted a throttle arm extention to the original arm . Made from paxolin or thin Fiber glass sheet and fixed to original arm with 10ba nuts and bolts with thread lock .If you fit a longish arm to the throttle it should give you clearance for the choke. One tip I have picked up since going over to petrol is that the first start of the day. especially if the engine has not been used for a couple of weeks ,can be a problem. As the oil clogs the carb/pump and fresh fuel cant get in. In a uncowled model a finger over the carb sorts it but fit a cowl and the problems begin as the carb wont choke fuel from the tank. Cure: On the choke plate you will notice a hole approx 2.5mm dia . If you solder that over then the choke flap really chokes almost like a finger over the inlet . With ignition off, open throttle to full and close the choke . Flick until engine is wet or fresh fuel has been drawn ito carb. Close throttle switch on ign and start . It will pop and stop. Now turn choke off and start again . I made this mod to a DL 50 fitted in a Hurricane as no ammount of flicking would draw the fuel until the carb was wet .
ps . dont remove the choke to solder as its all lined up to shut properly and dont remove the spring on the throttle butterfly or carb will wear quickly.
What is the rear indution 26 like for power ? I eventually got rid of my V2 sideport as it was not powerful enough for the ultimate and fitted a 180 FS instead that was much better