BH 65" Chipmunk

Advert

hi shaun ive also got the bh chippie  with a OS91 4 stroke loads of grunt what power are you going to be useing ,check out the threads for the chippie to help you on you way and you cant go wrong it it a realy good plane

cheers ...................mark
ps are you going to do a build blog??

Hi Mark. Looks great mate.

I am using a Laser 70 4st which should give me scale power. As for a build log, I don't have my camera as I am building this whilst away from home. But I will take some photos at the weekend as I have made a few modifications:

1)   Blocked up one of the cowl inlets and resprayed it ( I intend making a semi-scale exhaust outlet too)
2)   Replaced the gipping "village people" pilots and added a home made  semi scale cockpit instrument set 
3)   Added a set of scale decals from Pyramid (the big set for WZ879 "X")
4)   Added the two forward extensions to the tail plane horizontal stab
5)   Added canopy handles

That's it so far but I intend trying to make more realistic u/c legs and fairings with oleos and perhaps a landing light.

• 1 month later...
hi matey that looks realy good l like the detail you have added,l bet you cant wait to fly it ,  ive bought a new cowl for mine so far but lm still waiting for a set of wings so mines returned to being a hanger queen for now oh well
keep up the good work ..more pics please
cheers .........................mark

Hi matey ... no no no no don't sell it, you have done loads to it keep it for sure ,a guy at our club has just bought himself a second hand boomarang jet l haven't seen it yet so that's all l know , what have you bought ? any pics cheers .............. Mark

Jets? I started with a Cermark F16, but that scared the pants off me. So I then bought a secondhand Boomerang Intro. It's an absolute pussy cat too.

As for the Chippy, it's just a thought at the moment if the right offer came my way....

one

Photobucket

Edited By Shaun Chant on 17/05/2010 15:58:53

BH Chipmunks are great fliers. ASP 70FS in mine. I had to add some down elevator with the flaps but not too much. Lovely sound with the FS. Did glue the wings together. The only thing is the bellypan is a pain to get right.