64 bit- computer

Ernie

Hi Guys,
Ive got a wee computing problem. My ancient PC has just been replaced with a bang up to date HP model called Pavilion.
 I listen to radio 4 a lot, and have always done this online, because it's difficult to get even long wave reception here in France.
Now when I try to connect to the BBC, I'm told to install Adobe Flash. When I try to do this, I'm told it only works on 32 bit computers. My news HP runs at 64 bits, so it doesn't work. Now, I can reduce the PC to 32 bits, but that seems to me a bit  like replacing a 60 with a 40
Any ideas, I'm, missing the archers

ernie

Advert

Thanks guys,
Pete, I'm working through all that right now
flytillbroke, I've done that, and it all works. To be honest, I can't see much difference to
the speed of the rest of the system.
Frank, I'd never thought of that. Sounds like the ultimate solution. I'll have a look
Thanks guys, what a great forum

ernie 

Hi Ernie

The Windows 7 comes with two versions of the same program - internet explorer and internet explorer 64 bit.

Go onto all programs and select the internet explorer that is the 32 bit version - usually the one with no numbers after it - and install flash from there,

In terms of slowing the pc down - it won't - just that program won't take full advantage of the processor.  Think of it as using a servo at 4.8v as apossed to 6v most applications won't notice a difference.

james

If you have a satellite dish, Ernie, you can get all the BBC channels on Freesat. I have a low-power MP3 transmitter which re-transmits the signal (max about 30m) on c. 88-89mhz and I have transistor radios around the house to pick it up.

Pete