Spektrum DX7

Advert

after speaking to a number of members at my local flying club there is about 8 of them with the DX7 and they are very impressed with it. If anybody would like a pdf file of the manual just e-mail me and i can send it you. all the people i have spoken to are impressed as if you are converting all your aircraft it will cost you a receiver at £60 and you can use all old servos and battery. all you need to check is the switch harness has three sockets (charging jack) but most switches come with one. hope this helps :-)

You dont need the charging jack type of harness... it is convenient but NOT required. To bind without it....simply insert the bind plug into the receivers "batt" socket, and temporarily put your battery supply into any vacant receiver socket. Bind ( takes about 10 seconds) and then remove plug, and restore all as normal.
As approved by Horizon hobbies themselves :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Even better in my opinion, is the announcement that JR are releasing a dedicated 2.4Ghz 9 and 12 channel Tr with all the advantages and features of the Spekky ( which the modules DO NOT )and best of all.....it will be fully compatible with existing Spektrum receievers !!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRP2910

As noted from previous posts I have had problems with my DX7. I have also heard from various sources that two or three others have had the same problems. The model keeps going into failsafe at short as well as long ranges, this is with three different receivers so it must be a transmitter problem, but knowing the numbers that have been sold in this country and also knowing a lot of satisfied users i am sure that my problems are not the norm and that the rate of 'rouge' tramsmitters must be very low.
Even if Horizon Hobbies UK (new name for Helger) can find a problem with my Tx and fix it I will still not have faith in it and will only use it for Shocky type models indoor, which I have never had a problem with. BUT I will be buying one of the new JR transmiiters (basically a 9x on 2.4ghz) when they come out.

I have a DX7 , bought it last Nov after using DX6 for 6 months. They have been legal in Australia for some time.
In electric models I have never had a glitch. My old Radio Rx's always tended to have motor glitches from time to time. I have Jr 10 and Graupner MC24 Tx's as well.
The Spektrum is excellent, I've tested the "model match" a few times. I've heard of problems with new 6 ch Rxs but my experience has been all good.