Hello!

Trusty

TD,
Thanks for the reply..... I've had some good advice from the forum and made some good contacts......
Hopefully santa brings me an arising star with an irvine 46....... ready for me to join a club in the new year, i'm going to be hopefully hooking up with the mid cheshire MAC... can't wait....

Trusty...

Advert

TD, I usually find that the Arising Star, whilst not exactly a hotliner, can manage an unaided take-off from a grass strip. I've never had to use a trampoline to get one airborne - you sure you doing this right?

BEB

PS - Mind you might find it a tad easier with the wings attached

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 01/11/2010 19:05:09

Hi Trusty and welcome from me to the best forum on the net, if these lads cant answer it the question does not exist. You have had plenty of advise thrown at you but may I give you one that hasnt been mentioned. If you fill in a bit on your "profile" and you will get much more from this forum as people will be able to contact you direct and we will also have a better idea how to advise you
Welcome again
Garry

Hi Trusty,

I have heard this name before on another forum i am sure, are you on any others, maybe Justflight??

The Arising Star will come ARTF (Almost ready to fly) and will need some work doing to it before flyable, but don't worry, any issues just ask here as you will find the answer is given to you asap as a good bunch on here.

Good luck, hope Santa delivers!!

Hi Trusty, welcome to the best hobby/sport in the world.  Arising Star with a 46 up front an exellant combination to learn on. My Grandson learnt on one powered with a 40 2st., it flew very well, but a 46 will handle the wind better, especialy as the winter is on us.  Thanks FB3

You've heard of rocket assist well mine is trampoline assist  lol not really! sorry about the wings i'll do you pic with the wings ok? believe me trusty you can build one , just site down with the book and read ,every thing is there in the box you just stick every thing together as per Manuel and in a couple of hours you got your self a nice little trainer , But do take your time and get it all right as i'm sure you will .   Regards TD  ps the engine on mine is a JEN 47nice motor with bags of power

Edited By taildragger on 04/11/2010 16:56:08

Biggles Elder Brother, yes well um ! I suppose i did  deserve that one . when i do any thing to any of my   models weather permitting i always place them on the kids tramp ,it's just the right height to work from , mind you i'm always getting wrong for doing it .all the best TD

Edited By taildragger on 04/11/2010 17:02:49

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the message, no i'm not on any other forums, this is my first one, and it's been really usefull so far....

I hope santa delivers!!! the wife has been fully briefed! and galaxy are doing the whole package including a flight box??....which I think i need!!

So watch this space....

Hi FB3,

Thanks for the message and welcome..... How old is your grandson? my son is 9 and he wants to learn aswell, he had a little park "air hogs" flyer untill today when his little brother ripped the rudder off at the park!!!! but my son said "it's ok dad I will just fly your mustang when you get one!!!"     Kids!!

Regards trusty

Hi TD,

The photo's are brill, she looks great!!! and bigger than I thought. Will i need any special tools to build her or glue etc???? I've got a screw driver and hammer somewhere lol!......

Whats the other aircraft? looks mint.... how does she fly with those wings?

regards trusty

Hi Trusty, you will need some epoxy glue ,and a good modeling knife, and a strait edge  or square to line your fin up you can do it by eye but that's not really a good way ,also some  micro screw drivers . I think that's it . the other model is a vintage style BEN BUCKLE kit I've only flown it once  just to iron out any hiccuops, i'n saving it for the summer at's called a record breaker because the original model broke some height records or at least that's what I've been told .  TD

Hi Trusty, My grandson was 16 when he started learning, but later university put an end to it for a while.  If your son gets the urge to fly, at his age he will walk it.  He will be into computer games etc, which fine tunes their co-ordination between brain and fingers. You will also be fine.  Good weather in winter plus a good summer and a good tutor, you will both be doing your "A "certs, then away you go.FB3  ps I started at grand old age of 50.

TD,

Thanks for that, I will get those bits before crimbo just incase santa delivers!!!!

I've been watching some you tube footage of the star, it looks great, have you seen the "nats"  footage added to the site, there's some serious aircraft on there.....

Better not run before I can walk or fly!!!! But I like the warbirds!!!

Trusty.

FB3,

Hey well done for starting at that age, how long did it take you to learn?I thought I was old at 37, what are you flying now?
Yes my son likes the video games etc, fifa 11 gets a hammering on his xbox, and he also reads my rcme magazines saying "when I get my spitfire!"........

Trusty