xt60 connectors

matt mason

Advert

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Just started to use XT60 connectors which seem really good. My XT60's seem very tight when connected which is good electrically, but makes them a bit awkward to disconnect in the confined space of a fuselage - just wondering if there is a tool/any tips to easily prise apart the connectors.

I just wish that Lipo manufacters (or someone else) would standardise connectors, even if its just done by 2 or 3 size/capacity standards.

Looking through my Lipos I have , JST, EC3, XT60, Deans, 3.5mm bullet, 4mm bullet. 5mm bullet.

I did standardise to Deans, then to XT60, although on larger high capacity lipos/set ups I try and use 4mm bullet connectors. I've now got more DIY adaptors for ESCs/chargers/Lipos than I have Lipos!!

Christian,

go abroad and try to connect your travel iron - Italy, France, Germany, Australia and so on - all plugs and sockets are different. And those are used in millions. So why should there be harmonisation on a connection system used by a much smaller number of users? Also a connection system, as for instance the Multiplex one, can help building up market barrieres. Not everybody can change connectors so if you cannot you are stuck to the material sold by a particular brand.

By the way hope the XT60s are good as I purchased 10 recently...

Cheers VA

I use them as well. The connector body is made from a hard plastic that won't melt when you solder wires to the gold pins. XT60's can carry far more current than my planes need, they stay together and aren't too hard to pull apart. I did once have a Deans plug/socket that went intermittent so replaced it with XT60 and also 4mm connectors on my bigger planes. I. My smaller planes still use 3 mm gold bullet connectors.

Stuff arrived from the big fish last week - of course I was not at home so I had to drive to the parcel office. I am quite disappointed - those connectors are harder to open than my deans! It doesn't say anything at the connector - just ST60 - so I am not sure if these are the original ones or just a copy.

I actually bought them as I have one pair - which came with a Turnigy charger - which worked really smooth.

Anybody else with these problems?

Any solutions?

Cheers

VA

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 26/03/2012 12:11:47

I have noticed this too Vecchio....it seems not all XT60's are created equal.....there appear to be some "copies" around...the versions I got from HK attached to my LiPos are a very bright & definite yellow colour...the ones I got from GC are darker yellow & are certainly harder to mate...both to each other & between types.....

I think the Deans connectors had the same issue....the copies were not as good as the originals...sarcastic 2

Yes, I've read that there are some poor copies that melt when you solder them. I've also read some bad feedback on some that GC has sold. Hence, despite being a regular GC customer I buy my XT60s from E-Bay. I always choose a top rated UK seller, and verify that the seller states that they are originals, using high temperature nylon. Usually buy them with the correct heatshrink, too. No issues so far.