Not enough model memory

r6dan

I have a futaba 6EX and it has a 6 model memory and soon i will have 10 planes,is there any way of upgrading the memory or do I need a more fancy tx ?

Advert

Just photocopy or scan and print the chart at the back of the manual and record the settings for all your planes.

It does mean thet you have to make sure that you keep the record with your Tx and possible even change the details while on the field, but ideally before you set out for a flying session. It would be a rare occasion to be able to fly ten models at one outing.

Alternatively revert to non compoter transmitters with perhaps  only servo reverse and set up the planes to suit the transmitter...

Another option would be to have more than one Tx which was always my solution when taking several models to the flying field.

Malcolm

• 2 months later...
Before I got a fully computerised radio with more than six model memories, I used to run several models on a single memory by grouping them according to which way all the servo reverses were set. Because I also carefully trimmed each model so that they flew with the transmitter trims somewhere very close to centre, it was simply a matter of checking which model number my plane was set up for and then, maybe, a slight trim adjustment during the initial stages of the flight.

With four controls, each of which could potentially be reversed, there's a theoretical need for sixteen different model memories to cater for every eventuality. But in practice I managed to run ten models off my six memories, partly by being careful during the build to make sure I got the servos working the same way as another model.

I printed a little card with a list of which models were on each model-memory, and their reverse switch positions, and I also put a large sticker with the model-memory number on the tail of each plane.

Edited By Allan Bennett on 22/02/2011 19:44:07

in ye olden days, before bells whistles, and computer radios, when sets came with no servo reverse, nothing expept the sticks in fact, and servos could only be reversed by switching a black label one, with a red label one, i could remove 4-6 screws from the futaba servo mount, and fit the same servos into another model, in 10 minutes!! all models where set up so this brick could be retro fitted, YER ALL SPOILT