Twin Comanche

Wolfie

Sorry for the long wait for an update. Spring time when you have a farm is quite busy and what with all the other jobs as well...

At least some of the work was indirectly related though:

This is the home flying site. It needed turning over, raking out, re-seeding and flattening. Hopefully the grass will be a bit more even later this year.

Finally got back in the workshop.

The ailerons have been cut out and the wings and tips all sanded. Nacelles sprayed.

Ailerons are simply 1,5mm sheet with 4mm triangular riblets. Horns cut from 2mm ply.

Servos held with double sided tape and will have 1mm ply covers.
Should be able to start covering at the weekend.

Hi
looks fantastic. can't wait to see it finished

I looked at your last couple of pictures and thought to myself... funny plugs on the wall ??

is aero modelling very popular in France ? bet the weather's better

Kev

Thanks Kevin

There are quite a few members in the local club and there are quite a few other clubs around the department. As for the weather, generally yes but we do have a local version of the 'Mistral' so its quite possible to have a clear blue sky and constant 100kmh + wind.

• 4 weeks later...
The mad period of activity that is spring is nearly over, the hay has been cut, baled and stacked in the loft.
Time to get the Solarfilm out:

Doing this from memory as all my old photos got lost in a house move at uni many years ago.
Looking at pics of the TC, I realised that the side windows were slightly too high. These have been re-shaped and the wider vertical pieces added:

• 1 month later...
A bit of re-designing at the weekend.
Did a CG recheck now that the covering is done and where I had planned to place the battery (on the front of the wing) would require extra ballast on the nose for final trimming.

So the installation was changed and a battery tray made up that goes further into the nose up to the first solid former. CG now looks ok in the mid position and some adjustment is possible.

Just waiting for a few odd pieces now, magnets to hold the nacelle cowls and some Y leads to complete the installation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not yet Kev

Just back from holiday but all the wiring and everything is now complete.

Final tests were showing a little too much over 400 watts with a HOC pack on the 8x6 props. Have limited the throttle range to keep it around 380 max for now.

Fingers crossed for some calm weather at the weekend.