FIAT G50 WW2 Warbird

Unfortunately we are not a very camera aware club, I'd like to get some flying shots of it but sadly none at present. A very pleasant flyer but a tendency to peck on landing - I need more practise with it but it was a bit noisy for my local club with a 2 blade prop, I need to get it tested with a 16*8 3 blade prop. 78" span, Laser 160V glow power, just right for it. There are more pics in my album.

Andrea,

Sounds nice a 45cm span G50 and look forward to some pics, the HL81 will do nice even on that size, if you like I can send a pdf with the Profile.

Bob,

Great pics in your album and a nice size 78" span, love the Laser 160V great motor should give lots of power. Must admit that Italian planes are my favorit.

Cheers

Ton

Hi again Ton

yeah I would really appreciate getting the HL81 profile - my email is [email protected]

may I ask you also which incidence angle did you use for the wing? I was going to go with a NACA 2415 with 3° positive incidence at the wing root and 2° washout at the wingtips.. I would like that small G50 to be able to fly low and close without tipstalling..

By the way, I love NL, have many friends there and I am proud member of the Vereniging Eigenaren Houten Huismanboten club with my '37 "Buizerd"

• 3 years later...