FIAT G50 WW2 Warbird

Thanks Danny,

Not sure about the paint but will start with 25 and 50 grams glass with polyurithane to get the top harden and go from there.

Yes Iam always working on to many models at the same time.

Wtih the Fiat its even more difficult its a little to big for my room so its difficult to work on more than two models at the same time.

Iam trying hard to stay with one model build but want to much in to short time.

Here is a tipical pic of my work shop and doing to much at the same time in a to small a space.

Ton

Tim ,

To be honest Iam trying to be more like you and work on one project at the time but its hard to stay focus on one model.

Danny,

The Spitfire's are from a Belgium mate who build those two full glass Spitfires for a Peijnenberg cake commercial.

The problem with both the models was the time we had to make them flight ready.

The models where build to fast and needed lots of work afterwards to make them good and safe to fly, we had some luck that the weather, which was not all that well so we had more time before the shoot .

So another mate with whom I would be flying both models with did some more work on the models (neede two full weeks extra!!) and I did the weathering and also lots of other work.

We only had one testflight and that was worth all the effort, after that they would not let us fly the models because the risk and money involved was to high and to be honest the field was to bad because of the rain.

Will put the pics I have of the event in a post to show you what all happend.

Ton

Posted by Danny Fenton on 13/04/2011 22:38:40:
Embrace your feminine side Tim.... Multi-tasking

And do you know why the ladies are so good at multi-tasking, Mr F?

It's because they're spectacularly useless at prioritising......

Ton,

I'm not a Spitfire anorak, but those two really look the business!

tim

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Chris,

This commercial was done some years ago and is taken from the Peijnenburg site to view, lucky there is Youtube so enjoy.

Here the link to the post on the Dutch forum site with lots of pics and lots of discussion but sorry all Dutch, the pics are worth looking for.

Ton

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 04/05/2011 08:54:43

Posted by Ton van Munsteren on 11/05/2011 20:38:46:
Thanks me too , looking forward to have this one in the air for some dogfight.

Ton
Hm, do I have to build an enemy aircraft? Don't know if there are other dogfighters at our field.

Anyway: good luck with the Fiat.

• 7 months later...
Hi Danny,

The retracts will be okay but for the money I think full metal/aluminum would have been in place instead of using plastic which always gives to much clearance.
Also the basic frame work looks a little cheap made from bend sheet metal.
I hope oneday E-flite will come with a electric set as a replacement for this Robart set.
Because I do like the E-flight 120 set which is mounted in my Tempest.

Terry ,

Thanks for the compliment.

Here some more pickies :

Ton

Hi Ton
I have looked HARD at the area around the tailplane. There has been a lot of sanding of the planking and solid block in the proximity of the fin and stabilizer. Now at about this stage, no matter how careful i am, i will at least scratch at least one of these surfaces requiring some cosmetic attention! I have never seen such "frustrating" damage on any of your models, How do you do it?. some special technique, or is God patting you on the back?
Pure work of art Ton

Graham

Ton,

A superb and fasinating build and gripping build log. Hats off to you for building such a rare model. I only wish my building skills were half as good. I for one have picked up some great building methods from your log, keep it coming; I can't wait to see the finished product in action. Will you be selling the rights for RBC to kit it?

BTW, you've now spurred me on to build another of your 90mm EDF Gloster E40 kits (once I prize some money out of SWMBO to order the kit)