Hi,

some folks seem to think that you can't PM a forum member who has not put their profile up - I must admit that until a few weeks ago I was one of these people! Well the fact is you can PM anyone who is registered on the forum whether they have entered a profile or not.! If you already know how to do this - you can ignore all these instructions. But if you don't - read on!

All you have to do is select "My Messages" from the "My Account" box on the upper left. Select "create new message". A writting pad will appear with a 'To:' box. Start typing the user name of the person you want to PM. After a few characters the system will pause - don't panic! - just wait a few moments and a drop down box with the names of possible recipiants in it will appear. Keep on adding letters to the user name until the target person's user name appears in full in the drop down menu. Then just select it and write your message! Easy peasy.

BEB

Advert

Sorry Bri - talking in abbreviations becomes a habit doesn't it!

A PM is a "Private Message" - when you communicate with another forum member via the "My Messages" option at the top left in the "My Account" box. These are effectively emails direct from member to member. They are handy for two things:

1. When two members want to discuss something specific to them that others wouldn't really be interested in so they don't want to do by "posts" on the forum.

2. Exchanging private information like personal email addresses or mobile phone numbers for example.

Sorry it wasn't clear first time.

BEB