Best fuel tank and prop' size for my Acro Wot?

Graham Chadwick

Advert

hello graham....an 8 oz tank will do you a 10 min flight no bother...on various throttle setting's......as for a prop...i'm not a 100% sure for that size engine....but i would have thought somewhere in the region of a 11*6/12*6....google for the SC 65 4st--you should get the info re prop size on there......

ken anderson   ne....1.

Graham, my saito 62 is probably similar in output to your sc 65, but much lighter and I flew mine with a 13x6 graupner g-sonic using 10% nitro fuel, I have to say the plane went very much better with a saito 82 and 14x6 apc.
I used an eight ounce tank and still used to land with about a 1/4 of it left and was contemplating fitting a 6 ounce one but it crashed first.
I'd go for the 8 ounce tank especially for the first flights as you find out how the acrowot goes on and on and on on landing approaches......

I've actually got an SC65FS in my Acrowot, but I can't remember what size prop it's using,  I think it's 12*6 or 12*7.  I'll look when I get in tonight.
The SC65 is an older generation 4 stroke, but will pull the Acrowot around ok as long as you don't expect unlimited vertical performance.  I'm using a yellow SLEC square tank IIRC, which gives an easy ten minutes.

I flew my Acro on a Laser 62, with a 12*6 for years, with a Slec yellow tank.  (9oz ) I think.  Used to fly 10/12 mins and land with at least a 1/4 of a tank left.  I would second BEB with a 12*6 to start, then experiment with a few different props to suit your flying style.  Cheers

• 1 year later...