Servo Connectors Help

Hi,

Recently purchased an Art Tech Diamond 2500, -Absolutely Great- however, when I went to set it up, -and after some serious trial and error, a fault was traced to the supplied Y-Lead. So Get a new one? I thought so but it seems that the connectors coming from the servos are the male side, and any Y-Lead on the market has a male connection as well, so useless!

This is the lead off the servo

This is the lead off the supplied Y-Lead

Probably every Y-Lead in the world

Am a being a complete numpty or have I got funny servo connectors?

Many Thanks in Advance

Paddy

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Paddy
Sorry I have only just come across this.
Very odd! It does seem Art Tech have got the connectors wrong. Servos always end in a female connector - after all the radio (where this ultimately has to connect to) always has male connectors.

I fear you have some connectors to change.

My Art Tech (but not a Diammond 2500) has a perfectly normal Y connector.

Hi Paddy,

I had exactly the same issue with my 2500, I had to change the Aileron leads on mine. What you will find is the lead artech supply is not a genuine Y lead, rather two single leads glued together, when I tried to seperate mine I damaged the outer casing of the plugs which meant they were scrap. The pins you see on the end of the plug are merely adaptors pushed into a female connector and they can be removed so that the shrouded male plugs on a conventional Y lead will fit, once you remove the adaptors you will see what I am on about. As I changed the leads in the wings I had to also change the feeds from the Rx as the Aileron/Flap Rx lead is glued as described before, another thing to be aware of is the thickness of the wire used in the Artech leads which is very thin when compared to genuine Futaba/JR types. Good Luck with your 2500 they go up like a homesick angel and are an absolute delight to fly.

Regards

Steve