Seagull Edge 540 EP

r6dan

What size motor do you lot think in this BRC say 250-300w but I think that is too small I think nearer to 350- 400, plus I think that they are tail heavy so a bit more weight might as well be motor and not lead...

Edited By r6dan on 27/01/2011 21:00:26

Advert

Hi R6Dan, I've got one of these (Brilliant little kit!) I used a Giantcod setup (as usual) with an XYH 3536-110Kv motor, 60A SP ESC, 10x7 3-blade prop and Tipple 2300mAH 20C 3S battery. It still needs 60G of lead in the nose, so a bigger battery is a possibity. a brilliant wee flier - loops, rolls, inverted, knife edge - it does it all so easily!
One bit of advice, though - if you fly off grass, ditch the spats and fit bigger wheels.
Happy Landings!

I fly tyhis thing - even the 2nd airframe as I smashed the first one end 2009 flying with skis.

As the first one needed some lead in the cowl I decided for a larger size engine - currently I use a Hacker A30L-14 - means 15sec peak power of 500W. I also changed the landing gear to a aluminium strip type which looks a bit more realistic.

Yes, it flies the biggest loopings you want as it goes endless vertical.... - but the COG was spot on - not a gramm of lead.

Have a look
This was the first one a few days before it stalled (aerobatics with skis on are not always working... The only thing that servived was the pilot - he got a second chance and flies also the new one...

Thats the new one - you can see the different landing gear

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 28/01/2011 09:04:53

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 28/01/2011 09:11:47

I had to buy one! Do you think a closed loop rudder would be better on here to bring some weight over the c of g instead of having 3 servos flapping about in the wind right on the tail?

It looks to be well built, still going around all the joints I can get to with some thin CA though, I have given up for the night!! need sleeps

I have used thin plastic hollow tube with 1mm piano wire in as snakes to put the servos in the fus,where they come out of the tube at the rear there is a slight bend in the wire as it exits the tube between where it attaches the control horns will a bend be ok ?

Edited By r6dan on 29/01/2011 21:21:09

Right changed my mind and going to put the servos in the tail,
How do I set them up as it uses 2 servos one for each half of the elevator,how do I get them both going the same way on one channel?

Just a wee warning, R6dan, I was flying my Edge around yesterday, "giving it the message" as our esteemed Chairman likes to say, when on the 5th flight, I was bringing it down for a low pass along the runway, and at about eight feet of altitude and three-quarters throttle, one of the grrrr snarl elevator horns pulled out from it's slot - the plane curved beautifully down to the runway for a perfect two-point landing on it's propeller and wingtip.
The damage wasn't too serious - a broken prop, slightly cracked cowling and the wings pushed a half inch sideways!
It'll be flying again this weekend, weather permitting!

Do you lot think a fixed rear wheel or a rudder steering one on the Edge?

Edited By r6dan on 05/02/2011 17:10:28