1/7 Scale Pilot figure

Yobyid

Hi Eric
Unfortunately 'Pete's Pilots' only do Busts and Sandra at AH designs confirmed that their smallest pilot is 1/6 scale.....which is a tad too large.
I'm looking for a full length figure for a 1:7.7 Scale Warbird .......so 1/7 or 1/8 ideally.
Thanks for the reply

Neither of those two do a full figure 1/7th scale.

After some tracking down I found these guys:

He needs a bit of work to make into a WWII chappie, and you may want to put him on a diet but he is 10" tall (1/7) You can get him from tesco's believe it or not.

My Hurricane is based on R4118 which is often flown by ex RAF pilots, and they do wear gear similar to this, check the BBMF pilots.

If you want to graft an upper bust from a WWII figure in place thenI can suggest the Aces of IRON busts, they do a nice 1/7th scale figure, unfortunately they have to come from the States but delivery was very quick.

Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 03/02/2011 09:42:54

• 2 months later...
Hi yobyid, good source of 1/7th scale is action man. About 10-11" . You can often find them in charity shops, in the kiddies section. Failing that try ebay (plenty on there, cheap). Doing one for my P51. You need to hollow him out with a dremel or similar.

Posted by Yobyid on 03/02/2011 09:52:04:
Hi Danny.......It's for a TopFlite P-47D Thunderbolt (63" span)........my first Warbird
What about the Top Flite Warbird pilot designed for those very kits?

They do turn up occasionally on eBay. - I've got one that I'm saving for a rainy day.

It's the obvious choice....BUT they don't make them any more.....and I did trawl eBay at the time....but no luck.
I eventually found the one that Danny recommended (thanks fella)....though the price had risen considerably.
Thanks for your thoughts