That 1/72 Spitfire you've been craving !

BB

Advert

I can remember being ahead of the game here back in the 60's! My mate and me occasionally used to sacrifice one of our Airfix models (usually one of those we had made a few years earlier and were now embarrassed by our earlier paintings skills when compared with the later ones we made!).

We discovered that if you put a large lump of plasticine on the front end and then lobbed the a/c overarm whilst holding it upside down it would then perform the rest of the 'loop' quite fast,and stable before impacting! If we were lucky then we might get a few 'flights' before it was totalled - particularly if the grass was long!

We never did solve the problem of extending the airframe life or flight times!

Is this the earliest example of a true (not Depron) flying Airfix 1/72 scale?

TW

BB - you need to click the "Use old embed code" box on youtube. They've introduced a new way of embedding code on youtube.

Fingers crossed, you get this;

I'm sure I saw that radio on Micron's stand at a show, must have been a good 2 or 3 years ago, so the radio has been around for awhile. Impressive in such a tiny model though!

Ha ha, I remember flying my total airfix (and some Monogram) collection from my second floor bedroom window one summer. The cold war jets were rubbish, plummeting like darts to the patio below. The best was a larger scale Roy Brown's Sopwith Camel (revell I think) and a large Storch which pulled out of the initial dive and leveled into the runner bean poles in the veg plot that we had back in the 70's.

Good times - before we got video games

• 1 month later...