I have an addiction...

r6dan

Since starting flying in sept gone I just can`t stop building planes,
I first got an arising star, then an Acrowot kit, made 2 depron profile 3d flyers, then got a hanger 9 P51 mustang(its not flown yet need good weather),
then started and almost finished a small slope plane, got a big delta made from foam and brown paper that just needs a motor, I have 2 zaggies,A seagull edge 540,  a powered warmliner glider,I have a GWS A4 EDF that I have just finished( and have another kit in a box )I build and crashed at about 100 mph the Gonzarles that Tim designed( fixing that today), I am about to cover the Pix -E,just done a power conversion on a multiplex fox and I am just about to cover an E2K Wasp pylon racer.  Oh and have started the plug for a Jart mould too.
Thats all in 4 months what is it gonna be like in 4 years?

Please help me I am a planeaholic....

Edited By r6dan on 19/02/2011 08:59:20

Advert

The Pix E, Gonzarles and that slope plane that I can`t remember the name of were all scratch builds, I tend to hide away for hours untill something it done!!
I need to build something BIG from plans, maybe a bipe, like you say it will take me a while!!!

It is a problem. Building and flying are both very addictive! When you think about it we have the perfect 52 week a year hobby.

If the weather is OK, we fly.

If the weather is rubbish, we build.

If we are too tired to build, we read the mag or surf on here.

If our presence is required, we start up Pheonix on the laptop and play that.

We go to bed and read books about aircraft or modelling.

Boy, we must be hard to live with!

BEB

Not a problem. Back in the days before computer radios we HAD to set all our models up to suit the transmitter. IT takes a little fiddling and adjusting but it used to be standard operational procedure.

These days you have to make sure that you are in the correct memory, seen some accidents because of that one. Or you have to have 2.4 Ghz.  Now there you could have a problem as each Rx is bonded to the Tx but you may be able to bond the same memory to two receivers. I haven't tried that.

Edited By Peter Miller on 20/02/2011 08:36:34

Edited By Peter Miller on 20/02/2011 08:41:00

I am up to aprox 43 models of my 50 model memory on my T/X, and that does not include my 5 helicopters.
In my spare room wardrobe I have at least 10 kits awaiting building, plus on my building board nearing completion are a Top Flite DC3, and a Flair Bristol fighter.
living in Dubai I cannot get kits, so whenever I travel to the UK I pick up a couple of kits to bring back , which means I then have to build them, as it would not be right leaving them in the box.

We have the opposite flying season here, in summer it is building time as it is to hot, aprox 48c, though we still fly very early morning for a couple of hours, and winter is flying time, aprox 21 -25c daytime , and we freeze our buts of at the flying field in the morning with 12 -18c temps.

Darryl