Phoenix Online Session

Advert

Hi Pete - I thought you had gone to watch Doc Martin .

A lot of people seem to be having trouble connecting to a session. Me included. I first tried at 18.00 hrs and got straight on. I then tried at 20.00 and no, not one session (and there were lots) would let me in. Thats why I set up my own and only Pete could get on. Any ideas? Is it down to the amount of traffic on the system????

I'm going to set up a session for 20.00 tonight, name MODELFLYING password FORUM please see if you can get on. See you there!

PS - I'll change the scenery, the hillside was a bit difficult for my Fokker triplane to land on!

It took me two attempts to get in, Tony. It didn't help with the session-joining window being transparent over the main screen.

For some reason the textchat box didn't appear in the lower left corner.

There seemed to be a lot of sessions in progress - I haven't been on recently but it seems to have become very popular. Perhaps the Phoenix Server is struggling to cope?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I was flying online last night (one of those rare occasions I could connect) with a chap I shall call 'H'. It was his session and it was great fun.

Now, I just thought it was me and 'H' flying - there were only his and mine avatars shown. It became apparent that either H was talking to himself in the 'speech box' or there were others who were completely invisible to myself. I asked the question how many were flying and H said 5!!!

Has anyone else experienced the phenomenon of the 'invisible flyer'?

H also managed to loose one of his wheels on his model - I saw it land on one wheel exactly like a real model would!!! How the heck can you do this in Phoenix?

• 1 month later...