cutting balsa with a plan

david 7

hi, i want to replace the fusilage sides of my model i have received a new plan from dbs spoorts and scale and have new sheets of balsa wood, how can i cut the sheets to size in one peice without cutting into the plan, there must be a correct and easy way to do this can any one tell me the correct way to do this please.

dave

Advert

Lots of people suggest carbon paper, but my prefered method is putting the plan on top of the wood, securing it, then going along the lines making pricks through the plan with a pin. You then are left with a lovely line of dots to connect together.

Hope this helps,

birdy

I have done both Andy and Birdy's methods and both work well. For something as large as fus sides, you could even consider greasproof/Tracing paper and then pin pricks that way you will not damage your plan at all. You can turn the tracing over and using the same holes pin prick out the symetrical other side.
Copying I find always distorts the image slightly.

Let us know how you get on

Danny

Yes, see page 33, 2nd paragraph of the 6EX 2.4 manual. You can find the manual online too. Only the micro connector trainer jacks can be coupled together not the old round type and you cannot use adaptors to round type either.