Control Line

Lovely model PatMc, and I had to laugh at the falling over, recovering, then crashing lol I think we all have lost a little of the fun with RC. I must try and get some CL gear together and have another go. Never did conquer inverted flight...........Spent ages at the 2009 Nats watching CL its perhaps the karting of motor racing.

Cheers
Danny

Advert

Here's some fairly recent shots from Barton's excellent facilities. There's the tarmac and caged circle for team race and speed events and several circles outside the cage for other events Stunt, Carrier and combat etc. The young pilot in the red hoodie in the two up team race is young Chris Eifflaender of PAW engines fame.

If Heaven has a smell I hope it's model diesel fumes 

Edited By Ultymate on 18/03/2011 08:01:18

Posted by gary davies-jones on 18/03/2011 09:47:00:
Looks an amazing place to see CLF, but where is Barton?

Gary

Barton is on the A57 road between Warrington and Manchester.It's actually very near to a place called Irlam,and is not far from the Trafford Centre.It's a full-size airfield,there's always plenty going on.......................Mal.

Gary Barton aerodrome is just west of Manchester near Eccles here's a photo from Google earth you can actually see the circles at the western end of the airflield

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a picture of Ocrist I built last year - built two and a Dragoon and bought a handful of Oliver's including a Copeman and two new including a brand new MkIV and below is a link to Barton for all things C/Line 

Mike

Barton Model Flying

Edited By Mike Stevens on 10/04/2011 09:27:36

Edited By Mike Stevens on 10/04/2011 09:32:01

Edited By Mike Stevens on 10/04/2011 09:33:44